Forum Hub > ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions

Magical Girl Kazumi Arrives

(1/1)

Kazumi:
Hello, all!  It's a pleasure to meet you! :4u: My name's Kazumi. Pronouns are she/her, if you'd like to know!

As the subject of this post might give the impression, I adore magical girls!:unite: I've been watching a series known as "Precure"/"Pretty Cure" and I think I've seen at least half of the seasons now? (There's 20!) I've also been watching a neat little anime called "Onegai My Melody" featuring Sanrio's My Melody and Kuromi! (Both things I've mentioned are very cute and I highly recommend them!)

I can't get enough of sites that look like they came from the 90s-early 2000's and seeing all of the cool sites on Neocities inspired me to finally redo my own website and make it look more my style.  It was nice to build something reminiscent of sites that I used to love to visit! (I'm so glad there's likeminded people out there who miss and love sites of that style.) After successfully building my own site with HTML and CSS, I've grown to adore both. If I had an unending flow of website ideas (or the motivation to work on my shrines), I'd never stop!

When I'm not working on web stuff, I like drawing fan art and writing fanfiction featuring my favorite silly little guys(tm) or watching a show from my ever-growing watch list.  I also enjoy playing video games when I have one that catches my interest.  (I'm a big fan of Pokemon Legends Arceus right now.)

(I also like Attack on Titan, which is ironic considering it's very opposite of everything else I'm interested in haha.)

Also, you might see me use tone tags (i.e. "/j" or "/srs") from time-to-time as I think they're an important part of communicating online since it's hard to pick up on tone through text. (Wouldn't want any accidental misunderstandings!)

Other interests include:
- Learning about other cultures
- Reading just about anything (scholarly articles, fanfiction, things I've found on Neocities, etc.)
- Learning new skills
- Making/consuming fan content
- Rom hacking (I enjoy technical things a lot!)
- Learning new languages (currently learning Japanese because it's fun and I'd like to be able to translate things that would otherwise never get translated and make them more accessible!)

Nice to meet you all!  Hope we can all get along!

kurohaato:
Welcome!  :4u:

Precure's always intrested me, especially Suite Pretty Cure and Tropical-Rouge Pretty Cure, though I never managed to get into the series. I remember watching like 5 episodes of the Glitter Force adaption and then deciding it's not my thing. It's not that it's a massive franchise (my glass house normally sparkles in the dawn sun but I currently have Love Live posters covering every wall), I think Glitter Force just left a bad taste in my mouth. :ohdear:

What other magical girl series do you watch besides Precure?  :unite:

Melooon:
Hi Kazumi welcome to the forum  :4u:

Ah yes you have a very 00s vibe site, it reminds my of my misspent youth  :ohdear:

--- Quote ---Learning about other cultures
--- End quote ---
Who doesn't enjoy that; what are some interesting culture facts you've learned recently.

Yesterday I watched a documentary about these Long Horn Maio hair pieces that apparently made out of the hair of their ancestors?? (But I dunno if it's like.. from when they die or just when they go to the hairdresser  :ozwomp: !!?)

Ooph, I hope you enjoy the forum!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version