Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @111.54 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  Random Art Generator ! ! !

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Random Art Generator ! ! !  (Read 2199 times)
ellievoyyd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Webmistress of Cybergrunge.net - Futa - she/her

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: January 21, 2022 @439.98 »

Hello!!!

I have used p5.js to create a Random Art Generator on my website. The source code is entirely contained in the iframe for the app so you can look at it and modify it if you want. There are four different "modes", and basically you just click on the mode you want, and a piece of unique artwork for you is made! I have used this for inspiration of album art for some of my music, and friends have used it a bit here and there.

The source material for the Art Generator is a huge dataset (over 8,000 images now!) from the Tinypic Archives, available on archive.org courtesy of ArchiveTeam! The images are randomly combined with various filters applied, cropped randomly, but the chaotic randomness is also selectively designed to produce (mostly) cool results!

You can find use it via the icon for Random Art Generator on the upper left hand User Control Panel on my website, https://cybergrunge.net . If you enjoy it definitely share some of the results you get! I will post some of my results here :smile:

Thanks everyone. I hope you like this app, it has been a little project of mine for quite a while. Also if you have any questions about how it works feel free to ask or if you make any cool remixes of the code for your own use share them! hopefully it is inspiring to you :smile:

== Official WebMistress of Cybergrunge.net ==
ellievoyyd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022 @441.15 »

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022 @928.26 »

This is cool! It seemed to crash a few times when I used it, one of the errors seemed to call me a "butthole" :happy:

Can it do animated gifs? If so you could pull in images from MoMG!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
ellievoyyd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022 @251.55 »

haha. glad you like it, yes i use funny variable names too keep myself entertained :omg:k:

and yeah, i think a lot of the time the errors are just because one of the images that it picks are corrupted somehow, whihc... well, it uses over 6000 image dataset and altho i tried to curate it all somewhat i dont think i have the stamina to check each one idnividually, so yeah. just try again on errors.

i am not sure of a way to just automatically retry the script if an error occurs! it seems like p5.js would have an easy way to do this but i actually saw several other people complaining that there isnt a very easy way to do it inside of p5.js

i do want to try support for gifs some time, there is a gif collage maker on my site too that just loads randdom gifs https://cybergrunge.net/html%20art/stretchygifs (technically they arent gifs but animated png's i think)... file formats are so weird...

im trying to start learning using gd in php to manipulate images too although i havent spent much time on it and p5.js might be easier and more flexible. but yea

m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: m15o

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022 @298.07 »

This is really cool! I like the output, the randomness, and overall, it almost feel like writing an art generator is a form of art in itself. :smile: What motivated you to create it?

ellievoyyd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022 @505.49 »

This is really cool! I like the output, the randomness, and overall, it almost feel like writing an art generator is a form of art in itself. :smile: What motivated you to create it?

:grin: yeah i like the idea of making things that make art

for a lot of years i did acrylic painting and assemblage sculpture, but i was always annoyed with the idea of a piece of artwork being "done". i even would get so weird about it that i had in memory every art piece i'd ever sold or given away and sometimes would ask people if i can have it back to add things, until eventually people started saying "i bought it because i like it i don't want you to add anything to it..." and general confusion / annoyance :ohdear:

similar with music albums that i make i never really feel like they are finished and i always release different versions of the album, there are some that ive worked on for years adding tracks here and there. all that makes it a bit hard to market my music or art though :innocent:

i always liked the idea of art that is more like a living organism that keeps growing and reproducing like a living thing. probably to use an obtuse term that is womb envy maybe :blush: but i like to create living systems more than final works/objects! thats why i worked on this, and other projects that serve as creative prompts and generative systems :defrag: :defrag: :defrag:

di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2022 @891.40 »

i was always annoyed with the idea of a piece of artwork being "done" .. i always liked the idea of art that is more like a living organism that keeps growing and reproducing like a living thing. probably to use an obtuse term that is womb envy maybe :blush: but i like to create living systems more than final works/objects! thats why i worked on this, and other projects that serve as creative prompts and generative systems :defrag: :defrag: :defrag:

First of all, that is so true about art being "done," so often there's always going to be something I want to change. So I'm fascinated by your philosophy behind making this!

I love the first example you posted, I also like the "found poetry" of the youtube comment

I've played around a bit and the results are so interesting.. often spooky..

This example was so striking to me. How did the computer know I love fairies ? :loved: It looks like she's melted into cyberspace. Maybe she's trying to hold onto something beautiful out of the vast and cruel wasteland that is the internet? or am I putting too much of myself into the art?

This is such an amazing & inspiring tool! It really is a "creative prompt," I feel inspired to write something out of some of the art it generated. Thank you!!

ellievoyyd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2022 @173.53 »

This is such an amazing & inspiring tool! It really is a "creative prompt," I feel inspired to write something out of some of the art it generated. Thank you!!
[/font][/color]

:ozwomp: :smile: yay!! i'm glad you like it hehe.

there is also now on my website, cybergrunge.net an ai text generator kind of similar to GPT-2 an app that i just made a front-end for. its a really fun creative tool. its technically hosted on a different domain i have: https://antitrance.com/aitextgen.php

Darmodej

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2022 @753.85 »

i love it
they look like album covers for those artists you get when you know you went too deep exploring, those whose album names are either in japanese or random unicode

ano, ja jsem on
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HIRA's Artworks

Started by KAFKAPOLISBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 3268
Last post June 13, 2023 @143.22
by xandra
Earthbound Text Generator

Started by ObspogonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 7
Views: 3789
Last post March 04, 2023 @848.91
by sig
‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ urgonic's awesome artworks ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙

Started by sansBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 2
Views: 1796
Last post December 29, 2021 @506.89
by xandra

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi