World Wild Web > ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings

Ko-fi Club

(1/2) > >>

Melooon:
*~~~ Ko-fi Club ~~~*

Update: Thanks for the interest and submissions, however it seems like we dont have enough people interested in the Ko-fi Club right now for it to make sense, so Im putting this idea on hold. If you still wanna join, post below anyway and if enough people do we can think about starting this up again!

Hello! This is an idea Iv been thinking up for a little while and figured I'd post it here to see how people react!

The Ko-fi Club is an honor-system crowd fund for small sites and indie projects. The idea is simple; at the start of each month a random club member is selected; everyone in the club is encouraged to make a donation to that member; then the next month someone else who has not been selected before will be picked until everyone has been selected once; then it starts over.

In short, you promise to make a donation to one site a month, and in return you will also be selected to receive donations later on too!

Now, I know this wont cover anyones site costs full time or fund a project, but its nice to receive donations; this is about encouraging peoples work and also encouraging people to more actively donate to indie projects. I think one of the hardest parts of spending time on a hobby or small project is that it can often feel trivial or not serious, receiving a donation is a good way to make people feel valued and their work seem real :cheesy:

General rules to join the club:

* You must have a small indie project that is not your primary income source
* You promise to make a donation of $1 or more to the selected site each month (Remember that's only $12 a year, you can manage that!)
* You can only join the club once!
* You must provide a Ko-fi donation link or a Paypal donate link
Even if you don't want to join the club to receive donations I would still encourage you to follow along and donate, this is about supporting indie projects! Post below if you plan to make donations :happy:

How to join: Post below!
Link your site or project link:
Link your donation page:
(Ill send you a pm to confirm that you've been added to the members list)

How to leave:
Just send me a pm at any time and I'll scratch your name from the list. However if you have been selected for donations before, please consider continuing to donate to support the people who supported you!

Further comments?
If you have alternative thoughts or suggestions please say so below, this is a new idea, so its open to alterations and debates, if any changes are made I will make sure everyone who has joined knows about it before the first site draw.

Selected Site: On Hold until further notice :notgood:

Cobra!:
I love this idea!

Link your site or project link: https://cobradile.neocities.org/
Link your donation page: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=EJ97PTKVJASBA

Nightdrift:
~Aaahhh Melon here, Im sorry I edited your post instead of quoting it! Can you rewrite this please!~

Melooon:
To answer nights question on what happens if someone wants to leave the club:
This is a good question, I added a section to answer it, but in short, there are no strings, you can leave at any time.

ALSO unrelated but worth mentioning, I wont be joining with my site (at the start anyway) as that might be a conflict of interest (It would look a bit silly if my site was selected first :tongue: ) but I will be donating to each draw!

dokodemo:
I absolutely love this idea and I'd be very opened to join, however I don't have a job currently so I haven't had much money in my bank. But I'll be sure to join whenever I do have money to spare :omg:k:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version