Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @414.39 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 44/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  hiii

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hiii  (Read 1640 times)
versidue
Casual Poster ⚓︎

*casts a spell on you*

StatusCafe: versidue

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: February 18, 2022 @975.32 »

Hi, joining this forum after a month of sporadic lurking

I've been on the internet since probably about 2003 and have been using computers since before I could read. Some of my earliest memories are playing sesame street cd-rom games on my dad's computer.

About a month ago I decided to learn how to make my own website after a lot of browsing through neocities and rediscovering the joy of surfing the web. The final push was browsing through the gif gallery. I was so overcome by all the wonderful gifs that I needed to find some way to use them. I am still trying to find places to put all the gifs I've saved in my coolgifs folder but I am optimistic I'll get there some day :grin:

I like browsing through cool sites, reading, playing videogames, and learning about plants, animals, and other forms of life

Dojidave
Jr. Member ⚓︎

huh?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022 @992.33 »

Welcome!!

Also browsing though gif gallery was also an inspiration for me to join here! :smile:

versidue
Casual Poster ⚓︎

*casts a spell on you*

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022 @13.91 »

It's SO good, I've probably spent at least a couple hours browsing through it at this point XD

edit: Also, I was reading your intro thread too :grin: I joined after you did so idk if I can welcome, but I loved the crab rpg. I am intrigued by the mysteries of the radio tower
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022 @16.39 by versidue » Logged

di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022 @21.72 »

Welcome!!

I like browsing through cool sites, reading, playing videogames, and learning about plants, animals, and other forms of life

Please tell me a cool plant fact! :dunno:

versidue
Casual Poster ⚓︎

*casts a spell on you*

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2022 @42.11 »

Please tell me a cool plant fact! :dunno:

OK so this has been going around the internet lately so you may have already heard about it, and I only learned about it recently myself, but plants can probably see. At least some of them, if not all. Basically the idea is that cyanobacteria in leavesscratch that I misunderstood something in the leaves of plants can act as ocelli, so perhaps somehow the entire leaf is functioning as some kind of eye

The coolest example of this in my opinion are Boquila plants, which are vines that mimic the leaves of their host plant. Now the interesting thing is that they don't need to be touching their host to do this and they will mimic the leaf shape of artificial plants just as well as live ones. How are they doing this? Some form of vision is a compelling answer
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022 @44.54 by versidue » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2022 @70.35 »

Wow, welcome! That's a cool octopus Iv been looking at it for ages :defrag:

perhaps somehow the entire leaf is functioning as some kind of eye
That's super interesting, it totally makes sense though since leaves are basically light sensors and eyes are also just complex light sensors. Although leaves are older than eyes, so maybe the plants have fungus forums where they tell each other about how animals have leaves :tongue:

About a month ago I decided to learn how to make my own website
The world always needs more frames sites, we are in endangered species!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
versidue
Casual Poster ⚓︎

*casts a spell on you*

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022 @86.71 »

Wow, welcome! That's a cool octopus Iv been looking at it for ages :defrag:

thank you I LOVE octopus

The world always needs more frames sites, we are in endangered species!

They seem really handy! And I found your tutorial and the MK Frame-Link System very helpful!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi