Forum Hub > ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions

hewwoooo :3c

(1/1)

thecreechur:
hello hi! i'm bee and i am just a little anxious creechur from the uk :3c :ha:

i'm excited to be here and connect with a new community! it's been a very long time since I last used a proper forum (i think the last time I used one regularly was back in the mid '00s as a kid in a thread on my mum's dedicated part of said forum hehe). i mainly want to learn how to get my website looking funky and fresh so i can be unashamedly cringe and free and to also escape the hellscape that is modern social media :P I grew up with the era of the old net, and as I've gotten older I've found I miss the uniqueness and wonder that it had to offer.

a little bit about me is that i love old music (60s-80s), and my heart belongs to Status Quo (i love them your honour and i so desperately want to make a shrine for them :4u: ). some of my other favourite bands/artists are the Bee Gees, The Monkees, Judie Tzuke and Madness :3

i think that is all for now until i think of something else!

Melooon:
Hi hi beeee, welcome to the forum  :dive:

I am sure you will achieve the ultimately cringy site (although when you really accomplish that it stops being cringy and the whole idea of cringe implodes and everything is great  :ok: )

The monkees are great! Me and Magdalena is one of my all time favourite songs, although apparently they only recorded it in 2016!! Whats your fav Monkees song?

Hope you enjoy your time here!!!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

thecreechur:

--- Quote from: Melooon on August 08, 2023 @41.13 ---Hi hi beeee, welcome to the forum  :dive:

I am sure you will achieve the ultimately cringy site (although when you really accomplish that it stops being cringy and the whole idea of cringe implodes and everything is great  :ok: )

The monkees are great! Me and Magdalena is one of my all time favourite songs, although apparently they only recorded it in 2016!! Whats your fav Monkees song?

Hope you enjoy your time here!!!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!
--- End quote ---

Hi!!! :ha: 

I love that version of Me and Magdalena too! I recognised the lyrics from your signature straight away, and they did such a good job of getting that original 60s monkee sound with Good Times! :P It's so hard to choose a favourite monkees track, but any where Mike has lead vocals will do me! one of my faves atm is one off one his solo albums (Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma) called Factions! (I might be slightly obsessed with it atm because it has a bit of a Quo vibe to it haha)

caracalled:
Aaa, a person who loves old music!!
I'm not really familiar with anything old(-ish) aside from the cure and depeche mode (although i'm not sure if they count since they were both formed between '78 and '80) and the beatles because of an ex-boyfriend.
BUT
I have a huge library near me with almost exclusively old music so I've already written down your recommendations and I'll check them out next time I go to the library!! If you have anything else you can recommend I'd love to hear!!

Also I love the enthusiasm about making your website look unabashedly cringe!!! :DD I miss being cringe and I've been trying to free myself from the shackles of having to make something "good" or "nice-looking"!

thecreechur:
Personally I count anything pre-90s as old haha (that's where my general knowledge of music tends to stop  :grin: ). I definitely went through a hardcore Beatles phase when I was younger!

I'm in the same boat too re: trying to be content with things not having to be perfect all the time :P  :ha: I'm gonna try and get my head around basic html/css and hopefully it will stick in my brain this time!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version