Forum Hub > ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions

Hihi :3 Nice to meet you!

(1/1)

caracalled:
Hi!

I grew up on forums and I never really warmed up to social media that much (it stresses me out more than anything) so you can't imagine my joy finding out that there are active forums around!

I'm super happy to be here and from looking around (been lurking for a bit) it seems that a lot of people here have somewhat similar interests!
I really like Film/Movies, Hiking, Indie Games, Typography/Layouting/Bookbinding, Club-Mate, Public Libraries and obviously right now all this old web stuff!

My current "projects"/goals are:

* switching from spotify to an mp3 player
* making a guide of neighborhood support orgs/public libraries/free stuff of my city for a friend who is moving here
* going hiking at least once a month and taking photos of interesting plants I see to catalogue them
* my website hehe
someone let me talk about ISO paper standards PLEASE i am begging

so yeah, nice to meet you all! :DD Excited to float around here more often from now on!

Melooon:
Hello caracalled! Welcome to the forum  :ozwomp:

I tried the switch from Spotify to an iPod a few years ago! I kept it up for about a year and its a great experience; the key to success is putting a lot of effort into finding and exploring new albums you like - thrifting for old CDs and using alternative music discovery systems like finding cool internet radio stations. It forced me to get way more into albums and to really listen to albums fully instead of skipping around!

Please do talk about paper standards! I know a shocking amount about paper from my zine making research - but non normal standards like american letter paper are super weird and mysterious  :omg:

Hope u enjoy the forum!!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

serenefork:

--- Quote from: caracalled on August 06, 2023 @545.49 ---My current "projects"/goals are:

switching from spotify to an mp3 player
    making a guide of neighborhood support orgs/public libraries/free stuff of my city for a friend who is moving here
    going hiking at least once a month and taking photos of interesting plants I see to catalogue them
    my website hehe
--- End quote ---

I love these goals! Switching from Spotify to an MP3 player is something I would ideally like to do, but I have a CD player that I think I would enjoy too (but my laptop doesn't have a disc drive to make my own CDs with... :tnt:).

A photo catalogue of the plants you see would be so fun to see, I hope you consider putting it on your website! :eyes:

caracalled:

--- Quote from: Melooon on August 08, 2023 @36.28 ---I tried the switch from Spotify to an iPod a few years ago! I kept it up for about a year and its a great experience; the key to success is putting a lot of effort into finding and exploring new albums you like - thrifting for old CDs and using alternative music discovery systems like finding cool internet radio stations. It forced me to get way more into albums and to really listen to albums fully instead of skipping around!

Please do talk about paper standards! I know a shocking amount about paper from my zine making research - but non normal standards like american letter paper are super weird and mysterious  :omg:

--- End quote ---

Ooo thank you for welcoming me!
It's so cool to see that someone else has also tried this! Even if you noticed that it wasn't for you that's still a cool experience to have made!
I'm lucky because I live in a place with a lot of second-hand vinyl/cd stores and a public library that stocks an unreal amount of CDs, mostly older music! I've been struggling a bit with the idea that I would have to listen to albums more but honestly the way you describe it it sounds a lot nicer! I was gonna go to the public library today anyway so maybe I'll pick up an album there :] Thank you so much for advice!!

North American (in this case specifically Canada & US) paper is actually the only one that has an entirely different paper standard, the other countries all use ISO 216 or, in a lot of cases, a variation of it which is really interesting because sometimes they account for cultural differences, like a different alphabet in soviet ISO paper. Every other country aside from Canada and the US officially uses ISO, but some Latin American countries as well as the Philippines in practice still commonly use US Letter.

You made (a) zine (s)!!!! That's so cool!! I've never done that before!! How did printing go? Are you happy with how everything turned out? What was it about? Is there a digital version as well? :DDD

--- Quote from: serenefork on August 08, 2023 @261.44 ---I love these goals! Switching from Spotify to an MP3 player is something I would ideally like to do, but I have a CD player that I think I would enjoy too (but my laptop doesn't have a disc drive to make my own CDs with... :tnt:). 

--- End quote ---

Oh man I'm a little jealous of your CD player! I don't own one but I kinda miss the one I had in elementary school! Disc drives aren't difficult to get! It might even be worth asking around if someone has one, I often lend mine to friends. There is a surprising amount of things that CDs are still used for! Got my drive stole it from my parents actually for a textbook on printing standards that was only available in CD form at the library for some reason :'D

--- Quote from: serenefork on August 08, 2023 @261.44 ---A photo catalogue of the plants you see would be so fun to see, I hope you consider putting it on your website! :eyes:

--- End quote ---

I definitely will! Took a picture of a plant that was growing all over next to the water a couple days ago so I got something to start with hehe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version