Forum Hub > ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions

HELLO? ʜᴇʟʟᴏ? ₕₑₗₗₒ? ʰᵉˡˡᵒˀ

(1/2) > >>

thank you!:
Hi! I'm thank you and I'm very glad to be here!

I've been kind of living on the internet the past couple years, so finding nice places on it is always fun.  I'm not old enough to have been on a lot of forums but the ones I've come into contact with have always felt really cozy to me. I'm an art student and I'm in my 3rd year now. I work in a lot of different mediums but my major is in painting. Recently I've been doing a lot of coding and website building which has been a pretty nostalgic experience because of how long ago I learned to code.

I always kinda feel that I have nothing to talk about but art so I'm not gonna do that. Instead, here's some things I like in no particular order

* Ghibli movies (howls moving castle is the best one this is not my opinion I'm just correct /j)
* 3d modeling
* walking empty streets at ungodly hours of the night
* petty crime
* cyber crime
* obfuscated c code
* Secret little haven
* Rainworld
* black coffee
* fucked up looking stuffed animals
* video essays

jorts:
hey!!! welcome  :transport:

soft agree on howl's moving castle. still think princess mononoke is one of my favs but i can't bring myself to rank them
also, got any video essays to recommend? i need something to fall asleep to tonight aha

have a good one  :cheesy:

thank you!:

--- Quote from: jorts on August 08, 2023 @502.74 ---soft agree on howl's moving castle. still think princess mononoke is one of my favs but i can't bring myself to rank them
also, got any video essays to recommend? i need something to fall asleep to tonight aha

--- End quote ---

Ye!

Some of the channels I like are philosophy tube, folding ideas, Jacob Geller, and Big Joel. Jacob Geller's stuff is prob some of my favorite, they're all really polished and they bring up a lot of ideas about media (video games mostly) that I don't think I'd have ever thought about.

this one is still my favorite video essays like 4 years after the fact (yeah really doing a lot to not talk about art lmao)
https://youtube.com/watch?v=v5DqmTtCPiQ  

shevek:
Hi thank you (that's fun to type :grin:) glad to have you here.
what are your 3D modeling projects and your favorite software to do it? :ha:

‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶ ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽ shevek’s welcome pack ☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹
> Check out the welcome post :smile: <
If you are unsure how to use a forum, here’s our wiki post about it!
You can also fill in your forum profile, change your font and color, and pick a forum theme to suit your needs!
Wanna talk, but don’t know what to post about? Maybe start by telling us about your latest progress or your username :loved:
P.S.: You should know that the forum is closed every Monday.
Don’t be alarmed when you see a closure screen, the forum will be back. :4u:

thank you!:

--- Quote from: shevek on August 08, 2023 @681.49 ---Hi thank you (that's fun to type :grin:) glad to have you here.
what are your 3D modeling projects and your favorite software to do it? :ha:

--- End quote ---

aw thanks!

3d modeling isn't something I've had a tonne of success with, the only thing I can remember actually finishing with it is this model of a gar that you can spin. I tried doing v-tuber models a long while ago when 3d models where more common, but I never really got the workflow down, which is the case for most of the times I've come CRAWLING back to 3d modeling. Now that I'm actually kind of getting it though I wanna keep going with it.

I use blender. I don't really know of a better pay for program that I can "legally acquire", and its pretty impressive that a free project is packed with so many features! My biggest problem with it is that it tends to chug more and more the longer its open, and some of the shortcuts are just like why??? why would you choose that????? but other than that its great.

if anyone has any suggestions on other 3d modeling software I'd be glad to hear about them! I'm pretty new to the whole thing so I'm not stuck in blender

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version