Forum Hub > ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions

hi :]

(1/1)

dust:
hello!! my name's dust... i'm a twenty-something year old lass who lives in the midwest US. i grew up on the internet, for better or for worse. i have always loved being able to communicate online. like many of you i imagine, i have always been a shy/anxious personality and the internet gave me an outlet to express myself. things like having a tumblr blog or pinterest gave me opportunities to develop my aesthetic taste -- i've found many of my now-favorite artists online.

i am super into art and drawing... you can see my art on my website (which is a little bare bones at the moment!). my main thing is art history, but i also dabble in philosophy, psychology, urban planning, technology, programming, and environmentalism. i love anime/manga, old cinema, retro games + indie games. i garden, hike, and learn to identify native plants/birds. and of course i love music... boards of canada is my favorite musical duo.

for the last 3 years or so, i've been a caregiver for the elderly and people with developmental delays. though i love what i do and don't regret a minute of it, it is a very emotionally exhausting profession and doesn't pay a livable wage. so i'm currently in school to transition for a career in IT.

i joined this forum cause i think the narrowing of scale in social spaces makes it easier to have meaningful conversations + make connections with others.
i really love the variety in textures and layouts ive seen from independent websites here, and the amount of creatives. i am so excited to see a resurgence in cultivating identity through creation instead of consumption. i hope to meet people with similar ideologies, as well as contrasting so i may learn new things! very excited to get to know you all better  :4u:

Melooon:
Hi dust! Welcome to the forum  :ozwomp:

Here is some dust for you:

That sounds like a tough job, Im always very impressed by people who can do that kinda work and I totally don't blame you for looking for something less intense!

You have a cute site, I like to drawings! Whats your favourite old movie?

Hope you enjoy the forum!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

dust:

--- Quote from: Melooon on August 09, 2023 @767.85 ---
Here is some dust for you:

--- End quote ---

ah thank you, just what i needed to maintain homeostasis..

--- Quote from: Melooon on August 09, 2023 @767.85 ---That sounds like a tough job, Im always very impressed by people who can do that kinda work and I totally don't blame you for looking for something less intense!

--- End quote ---

it's absolutely tough work... it built character though. i used to be a very egotistical person, selfish and now i can say i am quite the opposite. ive come away with many stories, some funny, some gross, some sad. no matter what though, you meet many colorful characters.

for example, i used to work with a lady who was entirely non-verbal but very socially/situationally cognizant, so she had this unadulterated, almost cartoonish way of reacting to things. when she laughed she would snicker, spank her leg then just as quickly go back to stoically stacking her blocks ontop of one another.
she was totally obsessed with her pet chickens and would express her joy at seeing them with a short, ear curdling holler.  when she hugged them she would get this intense look on her face and bite her lip, we would have to remind her to be gentle so that her grip wasn't too tight and she wouldn't hurt them.. one day we bought a stroller for the chickens and she had a blast parading them around the neighborhood.

that was definitely one of my favorite gigs.

--- Quote from: Melooon on August 09, 2023 @767.85 ---
You have a cute site, I like to drawings! Whats your favourite old movie?

--- End quote ---

thank you!!! well, can't say i'd be able to pick one favorite, and it depends if we're talking live-action or we're including animated films here. one of my favorite animated films is hedgehog in the fog by yuri norstein and francheska yarbusova.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ThmaGMgWRlY

it's ten minutes so if you ever have the time i seriously recommend giving it a watch. it's beautifully animated with individual little paper cut outs that are hand painted + switched out for fluidity. i love its mysteriousness also, but i wont go into my interpretations of it just yet to avoid spoiling it for you.

in terms of live-action films? definitely house (1977), i love the surreal, dreamy aesthetics and sunsets, the cheesy horror is a plus. i've watched it multiple times for the visuals alone.

what about you?? got a couple of favorites?
also wanted to ask if you like or have watched the short film series imaginaria? i took a look at some of your games and they reminded me of playful, colorful cgi in those films :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version