Forum Hub > ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions

Hey there!

(1/1)

Finel:
Hello! :ozwomp:
My name is Finel, I'm 21, and I am an artist.
Been a fan of web revival from afar for a while but recently actually started to learn and (maybe) understand html and css (I still have a long way to go). Working on putting up my own website, right now it is very bare bones but slowly I'll get there.

I love making stuff and tend to jump between multiple creative projects at all time. With a specific love for making characters and comics. And I recently came to the realization that I should exercise more impulse control and not join every collaborative creative project that kinda catches my eye.
before all this web learning I actually dabbled in css when I made a couple of small twine games and wanted to make them look pretty.
Soon I start collage trying to get a degree in visual communication so hopefully that goes well.

I am a big fun of video games (Most recent obsession is rainworld), Comics (Everything that Tiilie Walden made is my favorite) , podcasts (fiction, dnd, some video game talk), books (the queerer the better), and art.

I speak English, Hebrew, and some Russian. and there isn't a language I don't make typos in so forgive me.

I am joined this forum since I wanted to connected to people while I explore this thing that is somewhat new to me, and while lurking about for a bit it seemed like a very nice place. Hope to write more here soon :ha:

Guest:
Hello Finel and welcome to the forum :ozwomp: !! I hope you have a lot of fun building your website!

--- Quote from: Finel on August 22, 2023 @999.79 ---With a specific love for making characters and comics.
--- End quote ---

Ohh, I love making characters too! I actually recently made a dedicated page on my site for my OC's! What is one of your favourite characters that you've made, if you don't mind sharing? I love reading about OC lore and we actually have a thread for that here if you were interested! (But you can tell me about your character here  :dive: )

I hope you enjoy it here and I also wish you lots of luck when it comes to your studies, I hope it's everything you want it to be and more!

◖ ⊹  ׂׅ——ׂׅ—ׂׅ —  ࣪ ׅ୧ You got: Awhe's Welcome Pack!  :dive:  ୨⸼ – ׂׅ——ׂׅ—ׂׅ  ⊹ ◗

* Take a look at our welcome to the forum post!
* There's also a wiki guide to using the forum!
* From here, I recommend checking out your profile settings.
* Maybe also your forum settings to edit the look and feel of the site.
* When you're ready, why not join in on some forum games!- Small reminder that the forum closes every Monday. Do not be alarmed! We'll be back every Tuesday!

Finel:

--- Quote from: awhe on August 22, 2023 @393.40 ---Ohh, I love making characters too! I actually recently made a dedicated page on my site for my OC's!

--- End quote ---

I gave your website a look and it looks very cool! love your art style! Especially love your art of Enri!

I actually am planing on making dedicated pages on my oc's as well I am just kinda procrastinating it since making an art page is a bit intimidating to me (I need to organize it and I need to transfer all the files from my tablet but also i need to probably compress them and its a lot I need to check on how to do correctly), any advice you have on that will be appreciated!

--- Quote from: awhe on August 22, 2023 @393.40 ---What is one of your favourite characters that you've made, if you don't mind sharing?

--- End quote ---

I will probably go more in depth in that thread you linked, I have like 3 stories with each their own characters (2/3 only have 2 important characters so it actually not a lot) but if I had to choose at this moment- Riaan and Cooper, they are from a story I call "Dead Sea" (originally planned as a short comic but kinda got too long by accident).

The story basically follows Riaan (a workaholic that his routine is everything to him) as one day on the way to work, to his horror, the zombie apocalypse happens. Thrown outside of his schedule he need to figure out what to do now and how to live like this.
After a while he meets Cooper, a zombie that somehow (I got a in world reason for that but it's mostly an excuse for me to make a zombie character not gonna lie) still acts human that used to be a carefree (commitment averse) guy who got zombified in the first day of the outbreak and had been just kinda lonely since.

After a brief freaking out session from the side of Riaan they form a little team that makes their way through the ruined city with the goal of reaching a safe zone they keep hearing about on the radio. They bond, they influence each other (Copper makes Riaan live in the moment more and Riaan makes Copper more grounded), they help each other work though things that happen in the before world.

Will they reach the safe zone? Will Riaan ever figure out they will never let a zombie in the safe zone? Is Cooper immortal now or is he just slowly rotting? I have the answer to all because the only part of their story I actually wrote down is the end of it.

Some art:
Spoiler
A very sappy comic with the lyrics of the song "dead sea" by the lumineers

[close]

Guest:

--- Quote from: Finel on August 22, 2023 @609.40 ---I gave your website a look and it looks very cool! love your art style! Especially love your art of Enri!
--- End quote ---
Thank you so much! I have a few Enri secrets on my site too, I should really add to them... As for organisation, I'd recommend putting all your art in one folder! For me specifically, I have a main "img" folder and then sub-folders within that folder because I create lots of categories of art! "Art" is for my digital drawings, but then I also have "Graphics" for pixel art and such. I really think I should further organise them too by character, such as having a secondary sub-folder in "Art" called "Enri" etc, but really it's up to you and what sort of system feels best for you!

Also, I recently learnt of image compression from this thread which might be of use to you too in regards to an art gallery! I'm going to make use of it soon also :D!

--- Quote from: Finel on August 22, 2023 @609.40 ---Will they reach the safe zone? Will Riaan ever figure out they will never let a zombie in the safe zone? Is Cooper immortal now or is he just slowly rotting? I have the answer to all because the only part of their story I actually wrote down is the end of it.
--- End quote ---
Waow! Your story sounds really interesting actually and I'm already curious to know what their fate together is... Not that you have to tell me, I'm not asking that! Just that I'm intrigued with the premise from the description you gave, and I think that's what all storytellers are aiming for! The art you shared of them is so soothing to look at too, I really like your style!

Finel:
Thank you for the tips, I'll definitely give that thread a look.

--- Quote from: awhe on August 22, 2023 @680.64 ---Waow! Your story sounds really interesting actually and I'm already curious to know what their fate together is... Not that you have to tell me, I'm not asking that! Just that I'm intrigued with the premise from the description you gave, and I think that's what all storytellers are aiming for! The art you shared of them is so soothing to look at too, I really like your style!

--- End quote ---

Also thank you so much for all the the nice words, I often worry that my stories aren't interesting to anyone else, like I am just a guy rumbling in an empty room. but I am super glad it caught your interest and that you like my style.
I would tell you of their fate however I use it as a motivator to work on the rest. like "you can show people the end once you show them all that is leading up to it so go work on that", also it will probably hit better with a build up as most stories do. one day...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version