Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @937.20 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 91/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hello there!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 239 times)
aztralsea
Newbie ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: August 30, 2023 @81.57 »

Hiya folks! I'm Astral (she/her), I'm super into ttrpg's and linguistics among other things. I have a neocities that I'm updating at least once each week at the moment.

I've been learning how to do stuff on the web for about a year now but I'm only really starting to connect with other people in the (old web? Indie web? whatever it is) sphere now.

Also I never had the chance to use forums much in the past so forgive me if I'm going about something wrong and let me know :3

"I'm just a girl from the middle of nowhere"
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023 @115.54 »

Hi Astral, welcome to the forum  :ha:

(old web? Indie web? whatever it is)
Iv decided to call it the Very Nice And Totally Interesting Digi Zone of Great Things (Including A Number Of Gifs)  :grin:

This is a great first forum to be on; so I hope you enjoy your time here!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023 @117.30 »

Hi and welcome to the forum Astral! Also to the old web, indie web, old net, web revival, whatever sphere  :ha: (even if I'm a year late)!!! Omg WAIT I just realised! You're my Gàidhlig mutual! Tha mi an dòchas gun bi spòrs agad an seo!! (TRANSLATION: I hope that you have fun here!!)  :dive:

You know, I'm always impressed by people who are into linguistics. My partner is super into it too, and so while I don't know a lot about the technical side of the subject, I did spend an hour pronouncing the words "tool" and "towel" over and over again so that my partner can discern what the difference between the two are in my Scottish accent (it was none, only context IIRC). I gained a new appreciation for the subject after that night...

Also, what you're favourite TTRPG? I've been wanting to get into more tabletop games but all I know is D&D  :drat: ...
aztralsea
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023 @141.12 »

Hi and welcome to the forum Astral! Also to the old web, indie web, old net, web revival, whatever sphere  :ha: (even if I'm a year late)!!! Omg WAIT I just realised! You're my Gàidhlig mutual! Tha mi an dòchas gun bi spòrs agad an seo!! (TRANSLATION: I hope that you have fun here!!)  :dive:

You know, I'm always impressed by people who are into linguistics. My partner is super into it too, and so while I don't know a lot about the technical side of the subject, I did spend an hour pronouncing the words "tool" and "towel" over and over again so that my partner can discern what the difference between the two are in my Scottish accent (it was none, only context IIRC). I gained a new appreciation for the subject after that night...

Also, what you're favourite TTRPG? I've been wanting to get into more tabletop games but all I know is D&D  :drat: ...

Thank you! Tha mi an dochas cuideachd! (I hope so too (I hope I'm using cuideachd correct there))

My favourite ttrpg is probably Mork Borg or Vampire the Masquerade. MB is basically D&D boiled down to it's core components and given a black metal swedish coat of paint, and VtM is an interpersonal story game that I really shouldn't try and explain too much about

edit: fixed a spelling mistake :drat:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023 @152.30 by aztralsea » Logged

"I'm just a girl from the middle of nowhere"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi