Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @945.90 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  What would your life look like in the Pokemon universe?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What would your life look like in the Pokemon universe?  (Read 1837 times)
TAS_1K
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: March 08, 2022 @867.59 »

Let's say that Pokemon were real. This could take place in:

• An exact copy of our world
  • Our world, but with the regions seen in the games as well
  • The game's world with or without fan created regions/towns/etc.

Who would you be in that world and what would you do? What would your team of Pokemon be?

In a copy of our world that had Pokemon, I think that I'd still work with computers, and I doubt I'd use my Pokemon for battling very often outside of sparring for fun.

I know I'd have a Munchlax, and probably a Lickitung since he's one of my favorites. I like bulky tankish type monsters, so Venusaur or Bastiodon will be on the roster too. I'd want a Claydol too because they look cool and seem like they'd be friendly. For similar reasons as Claydol, Golbat or Drifblim would be there too.
ellievoyyd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Webmistress of Cybergrunge.net - Futa - she/her

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022 @818.84 »

claydoll and driflblim are awesome!!! i also have always loved golbat.

i shall certainly be a Channeler :dl: im not superstitious or believe in anything paranormal, but if pokemon were real i would absolutely be a channeler no doubt and spend all my time in lavender town aaaaaa!!! that would be so awesome

my lineup:

• Banette - my #1 favorite pokemon
  • Muk - because slime is cool lol
  • Shedinja - because super cute
  • Koffing - cause he can levitate which is cool, and poison moves are cool + im a nerd for 1st gen
  • Clamperl.... not ghost but... so cute :loved: ...
  • prolly Magnemite because i still am a tech nerd :omg:k: but dont rly like the obvious choice of rotom

== Official WebMistress of Cybergrunge.net ==
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022 @852.13 »

Lots of death and suffering, or maybe a very great life?

The Pokemon universe is pretty much revolved around battling Pokemon with other Pokemon which... Is not very optional.
Imagine just getting your own starter Pokemon from the whatever that place was called then out of no where a random kid comes up and challenges you to a fight. You try to walk out of it but then are forced into it. The kid gets out a Charizard and "knocks out" your newly acquired Pokemon.

If Pokemon was real then we would have a lot of questions on how to deal with the stuff that the games, anime, etc bring up.
While yes it would be cool to see actual Pokemon, but would it be worth seeing animals with powerful abilities battle to the death from two strangers because of a quick little challenge?

But let's not get our concerns in the way of exploring this new world.
In this world could be a whole new experience that people in the current universe would be in absolute auw at. A bunch of powerful living creatures that we have control over, and the plenty of ways we can use them. Imagine having a whole selection of Pokemon that together have the power to wipe out a whole park that a bunch of other less powerful Pokemon live on that you have to yourself.

While yes I may have answered none of the questions that you mentioned but I will answer one.

If the Pokemon world was real, what would you do?
My answer would be to not battle trainers. Even with a whole pile of cash on the line I still wouldn't do it. Why would I risk killing my Pokemon when I could keep them?
Yes, I maybe considered a wimp but It's just not worth it. I don't think you would have a dog battle a wolf so why battle a (Insert Pokemon name here) with a (Insert another Pokemon name here). It just doesn't make any sense IMO.

:ozwomp: my beloved

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022 @858.95 »

Site note, but something that always struck me about Pokemon is that it has no roads or mass transport. Almost all travels seems to happen on lil country roads, even between big cities. Its kinda like the 1800s, where there is a very different lifestyle depending on where you live, and areas in the wild are excellently lawless.

I think what appealed to me as a kid was the feeling of freedom in Pokemon, you could just walk out into the world and it was all like a big wild garden with cities and towns. I guess Id still like to grow up to be Ash, but when I look at my real life I guess Im more like professor oak :tongue:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022 @860.13 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
ramenwaitress

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2022 @799.14 »

i feel like my pokemon adventure would start off in a small town, just like the game mcs. my life would be very sheltered up until i was around the age of 16, where i decide to go and travel on my own. i would probably avoid pokemon battles, unless it was for self defense purposes. my partner pokemon is a psyduck named peanut whom i've had since birth. along the way i'd probably get into some sort of trade while on my travels, probably learn how to read tarot cards and make rock jewlery to support my pokemon and i. as for the specific region im in, id probably pick unova since its the first in the series i was exposed to. while venturing in the caves, looking for crystals (and other various rocks and minerals) id meet a sabeleye, who i quickly befriend.

sorry, im not the best at writing out my ideas- i might expand on these small ideas and make my own story <333
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022 @800.42 by ramenwaitress » Logged
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2022 @754.63 »

knowing me i would probably ended up as a pokemon professor/ or maybe a pokemon photographer.
I would probably have a ton ton of bug/water/ghost types to boot.
I would also be more interest in simply capturing pokemon to complete the pokedx( or raise them) instead of using them for battle.

I live in a sorta urban/ruralish area? so there wouldn´t a shortage of pokemon to observe.
as for my region, I think it would be pretty much be like the region from the new pokemon scarlet game.

xX_irkeneonz_Xx
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2022 @630.61 »

I really don't know but given how much I bike around and like to explore around the cities I live near, I feel like I'd probably be a Pokemon trainer but would be too lazy to go for anything more ambitious and do competitions before managing whatever winnings I get to lay around for a month.

Since where I live is very swampy I feel as if I'd get like an Oddish, Mudkip, and Toxel to start and then later get a Mantine. I want to say I'd have a Porygon or Rotom but those might be too expensive in the Pokemon world.

Pepyogurt
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Käse, käse, wo ist die käse?

StatusCafe: pepyo
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2022 @738.24 »

I think I'm too faint-hearted in real life to endure Pokemon battles, so much of my daily Pokemon life may just be taking care of other people's pokemon, like a daycare worker! As for the Pokemons I'd have, I'd probably have a Flying, Grass, and Water type Pokemon. My ideal line up kinda looks like this:
  • Pidgeot (I like birds, and a Pidgeot is big enough to fly me around)
  • Treecko (I started with Pokemon Emerald, so a Treecko would technically be my first Pokemon)
  • Clauncher (Skriiiiiimp!)

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2023 @625.29 »

i think id just be a normal person and not a trainer but i would have a pokémon 2 be my buddy and help out through the day. probably a sceptile since sceptile has been my favourite since like i first started playing pokémon and it has hands and stuff so it would be a good helper.

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2023 @460.91 »

I'd probably be working in Pokémon liberation.
Badgersaurus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Punk-Rock Mustelizard from Beyond the Stars

iMood: Badgersaurus

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2023 @91.09 »

I always thought I'd want to be a Pokemon nursery/daycare worker. Getting to meet lots and lots of different people and Pokemon from all over, new faces every day... watching eggs hatch! It sounds like a dream to me. But so does everything in Pokemon.  :b

Rock n' Roll High-School...er
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2023 @598.99 »

Honestly? While I love the pokemon games and enjoy playing the role of the best trainer in the world, I'd most likely much prefer being either a daycare worker or a nurse for pokemon in real life. I'd rather let others do the battling while I provide the healing! And rather than having a whole team of pokemon behind me like in the games, I'd most likely stick to one or two in real life. Maybe... a Ratata and/or a Caterpie.

Normal/bug pokemon have always been my fav, and I tend to gravitate towards those who I assume aren't as loved within the franchise. Plus, irl bugs and rats are so cute <333
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4867
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
If you had a Pokemon type...

Started by NeonriserBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 38
Views: 3843
Last post December 05, 2023 @137.31
by Fish
Wilde Life by Pascalle Lepas

Started by demonologiBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 1
Views: 1139
Last post March 20, 2023 @564.03
by debleb

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi