Home Help Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2022, 12:20:04 am
Forum activity rating: Two Star Posts: 14/24hrs Show Unread Posts | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Recent Posts
News: More cats, yess \o/ :4u: :transport: :TnT: :cheerR: :cheerL: :dive: :unite:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  Video Games
| | |-+  What are you playing (or have finished)?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: What are you playing (or have finished)?  (Read 3986 times)
MamboGator

Business Gator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2022, 05:09:51 am »

I feel like you took the words out of my mouth with this one. I wanted to like this game so bad when it came out but it felt like they designed so many features with the intention of making you frustrated. Every time I felt like I was finally past a tutorial section, they'd surprise me with another. It resulted in the gameplay itself feeling like a really long tech demo.

I'm glad to hear the Switch version is significantly improved; I may have to pick it up.

I remember the last time I tried to replay the Wii version, I gave up before leaving Skyloft. It was just so unbearably slow. I'm much further than that now and can confirm it's way better on Switch. It's still not my favourite Zelda game (that will always be Wind Waker), but if you're curious and have the money to spare, I can finally say I recommend it.
TheFrugalGamer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2022, 12:32:40 am »

My spouse recently bought me My Time at Sandrock, because I loved the first one, My Time at Portia. It's really good so far, even though it's in early access. Has the same general theme as the first one and acts like a 3D Stardew Valley with more focus on building and quests rather than gardening, but it's a bit more polished so far. One thing I like about the series is the setting, which is technically post-apocalyptic, but is set so far after the catastrophe that humans have rebuilt again and are now agrarian. Kind of unusual, and it's an interesting story, but you don't have to pay it much attention if you don't feel like it.

Like almost everyone these days, I've been playing Cult of the Lamb! I find the actual fighting kind of underwhelming (sometimes the 2D art style makes it difficult to tell how close to an enemy's hitbox I actually am) but for the most part it's very fun!

I've also been playing a cute little game called An Airport For Aliens Currently Run By Dogs.

I originally discovered this game through a streamer I watch (hollow_tones on twitch) and immediately stopped watching her play it because I knew I had to play it for myself. It creates such a sweet, caring, melancholy and goofy world that I find extremely charming. I haven't played a lot of it yet, but I don't think it's a very long game either.

I've seen the trailer for the Airport run by dogs game! It looked very silly and cute! If it's good, I may pick it up sometime.

MamboGator

Business Gator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2022, 09:28:12 pm »

Because I have a very short attention span, I switched from Skyward Sword to the GTA Trilogy "Definitive" Edition.

Despite its reputation, I don't think this collection is that bad. Yes, the games are ugly, especially compared to what some of the PC mods were able to achieve. But the original games were quite ugly too. The mods replaced the original art style with something more realistic, but these remasters just update the old style with an AI upscaled version. So even though the games don't look as good as what modders achieved, I think it's truer to the original aesthetic.

I also haven't experienced many bugs, and definitely none that are game breaking. I know the trilogy released in a really sorry state, but it looks like they've fixed most of it. There are a couple of textures I've found floating above the ground, and one cutscene in Vice City had no audio, but that's it so far.

The big upgrade is to the controls (for the console versions). I recently tried to replay the old PS2 versions of GTA 3 and Vice City, and the controls are really outdated. It's like trying to play a console FPS today without dual analogue control. The remaster plays pretty much like GTA V.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 03:20:48 am by MamboGator » Logged
jackson06

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2022, 02:26:50 am »

Everyone tell us what videogame you're currently playing (or have finished).

i beat cult of the lamb a while ago. never played any roguelikes before but i loved it. gorgeous graphics and a unique soundtrack (the one who waits is probably my favorite song)

currently im still way into ultrakill. i have every level p ranked so far. ive been getting the urge to make a combo montage. somebody hold me back please
Swiftpaw

it/its

Discord: Swiftpaw#3886
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2022, 09:50:59 pm »

I managed to get Arceus in Pokemon Legends Arceus so my current goal is shiny hunting, and I've managed to catch about 10 or so thus far!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines RSS | WAP2 | BBCode Help

Melon Sites!
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Visit the Gif Gallery! Support the Forum
Friend Communites!