Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 18, 2024 - @784.36 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 58/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  favourite things to draw/model/write/etc?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: favourite things to draw/model/write/etc?  (Read 1137 times)
prwlnglthr
Casual Poster ⚓︎

**SPLAT**

iMood: ntprwlr

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: December 07, 2022 @500.66 »

I wanted to title this "favourite things to draw" and drop it in the 2D/3D art forum, but I realized that people probably have similar sentiments about other arts and I'd love to hear about those as well. :dive:

So! What are everyone's favourite things to create? Any particular themes, subjects, features, tropes, discovered that I have a strange love for drawing tears (despite also primarily creating works focused on escapism and "kinder realities", as I like to call them :grin:smile: this year. There's something very fun about actually rendering them for whatever reason.

☆✭~⋞《a temporary visitor, taking comfort from the flame...》ミ~*。✧.゚*・゚’゜.︵‿ ~~. .
avatar credit: @spookybri on twitter! // signature gfx credit: me!
1337nightbug
Casual Poster ⚓︎

digital style!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022 @953.95 »

I tend to default to drawing vaguely girl-shaped beings with cute frilly dresses and fluffy hair when i dont know what else to draw. Maybe add a pair of horns or other weird vaguely monster-like feature and BAM! instant nightbug comfort zone character design
As for themes...I like making things involving people who've drifted apart getting back together again, for old times sake. There's something weirdly beautiful about a group of people who have gone their own ways coming back together as a group, even if its for one last time. :4u:

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022 @765.82 »

Whenever I try out new art programs or tools, one of my favorite things to draw is a still life of apples. For some reason, the multi-colored varieties offer a good mix of colors that I can play around with to get the feel for new tools.

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022 @785.38 »

Personally my favorite things to draw right now are very blocky and angley people like https://preview.redd.it/yyt1frx0kos91.png?auto=webp&s=219cd8124d27741eab04b4d9ffdb2745ab7cc8d7this persons art. I also love writing the buddy cop trope and I'm working on a buddy cop cyberpunk style story.

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022 @947.94 »

I like drawing characters and/or creatures in a cartoony style with lots of sharp edges and angles. I'll often do either either my own designs or stylized fanart of things I like.
Lost_cat
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2022 @427.99 »

i really like to make 3d landscapes that just have grass in a filed, and funky lighting on weird abstract models like messing around with blender lighting is really fun

Stonehead
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Hello

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2023 @97.75 »

I like drawing swords and I like drawing people using swords.
spiders
Casual Poster ⚓︎

jsut hanging out. name is Nico!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2023 @276.64 »

OOOO i love to draw people!! which is maybe the lamest answer ever (<- i am half-joking bc it is totally expected), but like. i like sooo many aspects of it. i love to stylize and meddle with body types and body features till i finally figure out the tenth way to draw myself and i love drawing strange hands with their nails bitten and i love drawing stretch marks and hairy arms and veins and arteries and acne and moles and a billion other things. i think there's something awesome about being human :dive:

wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

iMood: wodaro

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2023 @99.05 »

Lately I've been having a lot of fun drawing clothes! Especially shoes!!! :ha:

I think for the longest time I was just worried about making attractive faces/hands and didn't pay much attention to how I drew clothing. Nowadays though I'm trying to use more reference when I draw, and it's made me pay a lot more attention to the shape of shoes. I've drawn some fun heels recently, and now I'm working on a drawing involving some cute chunky sneakers. I've been interested in curating my current wardrobe and getting nicer pieces, so I suppose that's been carrying over into my work!

levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2023 @229.00 »

+1 to drawing clothes!
I especially love designing entire outfits for my characters, it's so much fun thinking about what kind of clothes suit their personalities and the worlds they live in~

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2023 @122.05 »

I love to make Saturn/PS1/N64 style 3D models. Extremely, low-poly with compressed textures. I also like to grab existing ones others have made and try and make their polycounts even lower.

I've participated in several retro game jams doing this, and I always enjoy it!

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Tiffany
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2023 @91.55 »

Fanart, I love fandoms and such, and giving to fandom.

CyberCat2000
Casual Poster

Astral Dragon Mech Pilot

StatusCafe: cybercat2000

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2023 @63.01 »

I notice that a lot of the stuff I draw falls into one of two categories: futuristic anthro animals with very elaborate outfits (one of which is my avatar here!) or mechanical animals. Typically, a lot of blues are used, but there's a few exceptions.

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2023 @721.20 »

So you know how, like, there's this certain genre of artists (especially in anime fandoms) that draw very feminine men, to the point where an unprepared viewer mistakes them for women? (Said with the outmost recpect for the said artists, of course).

Well, I'm the polar opposite of that. Ungirly women from tomboys to butches to general body types considered 'masculine' by the wider media. That's been my jam, like, since ever I started drawing. Back then everyone (including me) just thought that I lack skills to draw 'proper' women. Now I have skills and I still do it on purpose  :cool:

As far as themes go I have two modes - it's either fluffy fluff peace and love on planet Earth, or physical violence, apparently. Both in drawing and in writing - I remember comparing my fanfics throughout years and apparently each piece of my writing contains at least some punching... and more often than not a scene of overcoming pain or exhaustion (or a concussion, or a blood loss, or--) like it's some shonen anime. You know the vibe!

(Now, clothes with complicated designs and/or a lot of details and ornaments, however, are my kriptonite. I am in polite awe of any and all of you who do those things well.)

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 4162
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody
Things you've overheard?

Started by DoctorScreechBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 10
Views: 1764
Last post March 19, 2024 @764.99
by starbreaker
Your favourite gaming platform of all time (all time!)

Started by GuestBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 15
Views: 1799
Last post November 16, 2023 @124.12
by mahoroa

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi