Forum Hub > ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions

Introduction & question: whats your favorite fragrance?

(1/2) > >>

bear:
Hi there, its great to be here! :ozwomp: I've been keeping up with the forum through the RSS feed for a week or so. I was hoping I'd get in soon since I've been wanting to jump in on a few recent topics, so I was super excited to see that I got in earlier today!

You all can call me Bear! My personal site is bearlythere. I've made a few other Neocities sites this year, but the last few months I've been able to dive in a bit deeper, which has been lovely!

For a long time, I assumed I would never be able to take part in the sections of the web that really interested me--forums like this! I kind of felt like the glory days of the net were long gone, or if not the glory days... the interesting ones? I became really disillusioned with social media and the corporate web, so finding out about the web revival from Neocities has emboldened me to make the sort of spaces I'd like to see and take part in, instead of waiting around for them to appear. Anyway...

I'd like to ask a question of you all (hope that's allowed to be part of this topic, it felt more fun than a general introduction). Lately, I've become a huge candle/diffuser person, and I was wondering... what are your favorite fragrances??? I've recently met a lot of folks who love citrus and hate anything sugary sweet. I'm not as opposed to sweet scents, but I prefer something a little more natural and subtle, like eucalyptus and rosemary. I was surprised to find out how divisive some smells are, but I guess I hate lavender (gives me migraines) and anything scented like cotton (smells like diapers). So tell me what your favorite and least favorite scents are, maybe?

Thanks for having me! :ozwomp:

manyface:
hi, i'm really new here too! i like your site, the colours and background are super cool. i read your blog and i hope you're feeling better since you made that post :')

as for my favourite fragrance, it's guardian of the forest from lush! i wear it almost every day, it's really calming and comforting to me. i love it so much. the lush website says it's cypress, oakmoss, and rosewood, but to me it just smells like the colour green. which is my favourite colour!

alexela64:
heyoo!! i checked out your (super awesome!) site yesterday and /thought/ i posted something here but i guess i forgot  :drat:
as for scents, I am also a eucalyptus enjoyer. I also really like sandalwood, tea tree, balsam, gardenia, and anything that smells like fresh linen. I've never been a huge fan of super flowery/sweet/strong scents, even citrus.

wygolvillage:
I personally like spiced, cinnamon-y scents. Anything that smells somewhat adjacent to mulled cider.

Commodorn:
Welcome to the forum! I felt similarly before I found this part of the web. I was regularly looking through archived sites from around the 90s to early 2000s and wishing for the ability to be a part of that kind of internet, so it was very exciting finding out about it's continued existence through Neocities. Took a while, but I'm glad I found a part of the web that didn't make me feel completely alienated eventually.

Anyway, fragrances... some of my favorites candle-wise are Ginger Citrus and Pink Sands (both Yankee Candle scents) along with the scent of one Patchouli candle I have that's locally made. I think all three of those have something in common, but I'm not quite sure what.. generally, citrus-y or spiced floral scents tend to be my favorite. I don't really like most sugary sweet scents, either-- anything adjacent to Vanilla Cupcake is Satan's creation. INSTANT migraine!

One specific flower I like the scent of is the plumeria flower. There was a plumeria tree at a cat shelter I used to work at with ones that looked like this:

I used to pick them and put them in my pocket to give me a break from all the other smells that would to occur there-- they have a very powdery/soapy scent to them that's very unlike anything else I've inhaled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version