Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @636.49 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 71/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | |-+  introducing: my cassette collection!!!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: introducing: my cassette collection!!!  (Read 218 times)
cursedcalendar
Casual Poster

chirp chirp motherfuckers

View Profile

Joined 2023!
« on: January 03, 2024 @150.46 »

I mentioned in my original post that I collected cassette tapes. Since you guys seem pretty cool, I'll show you some pictures of it!

If you have any questions about a specific tape and/or want higher quality images of a specific tape, please feel free to let me know!  :smile:

Here's some pictures of the collection as a whole!

Unfortunately, some of the tapes come loose. I'm keeping most of them in this box for now.

I've found all sorts of things. A Grateful Dead concert, a raggae radio station, and even a school board meeting! (which, by the way, has a studio recording of an unknown band on the other side of the same tape.) But by far the coolest tapes I've found are these three:

These, my friends, are what I call...the Stevie Cochran Tapes.

These tapes contain around previously unreleased demos from an artist known as Stevie Cochran. I say "previously unreleased" because I RELEASED THEM! (cuz that's just how I roll lmao)

Some of these demos are INCREDIBLE by the way. It's a shame they never got an official release.

Anyhoooooooo, that's all I'll show for this post! If there's interest, I'll post more!! :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Cya!

Yaya

StatusCafe: yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024 @153.33 »

This is SO COOL!!

I also really enjoy collecting cassettes -- I know vinyl is a big thing but I just love the portability and accessibility of them.

Also big Deadhead and reggae lover here so I love seeing that! I'm going to listen to the Stevie tapes tonight :)))
cursedcalendar
Casual Poster

chirp chirp motherfuckers

View Profile

Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024 @162.00 »

This is SO COOL!!

I also really enjoy collecting cassettes -- I know vinyl is a big thing but I just love the portability and accessibility of them.

Also big Deadhead and reggae lover here so I love seeing that! I'm going to listen to the Stevie tapes tonight :)))

AAAAAAAAA TY!!!

YEAH i think vinyl is ALSO SUPER COOL!! i have a big collection of REALLY old 45s that my grandpa got me. I could show that too, but I may have to do a bit of censoring, as some of them have the names of family members on them, and I don't feel comfortable revealing those  :ohdear:

Here's the box they're in!

DEFINITELY not the best way to store them, but unfortunately this is the best I've got for now!

also, tell me what you think of the Stevie tapes!!  :grin:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What web badges should I add to my collection?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 4
Views: 1719
Last post January 06, 2022 @398.72
by xandra
The Collection Chamber

Started by DojidaveBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 1
Views: 969
Last post March 15, 2022 @784.12
by cinni
Cassette Tapes and Players

Started by DoctorDizzyBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 19
Views: 1195
Last post April 27, 2024 @324.05
by Klopnis

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi