World Wild Web > ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

SLUGWARE 3.0 is now released to the wild!

(1/2) > >>

Salty:
:ozwomp: SLUGWARE 3.0 is HERE! :ozwomp:

:happy: Man oh man, I'm so stoked on how the new layout for Salty's Lair turned out. I've been working on this thing for what feels like eons. I honestly never thought I'd finish this and that it would forever be a half-complete, ADHD forgotten project. I've put in countless hours at this point, but my wife finally got onto me enough for me to finally publish it and stop making excuses for why it wasn't ready. There are still A LOT of things I want to do with the site aesthetically, like adding some fun stuff to the main background and more diverse animations, but I think it's a really good start. I don't want to drone on forever about it because I think that the final outcome speaks for itself. There is also some content I still need to port over from the old revision, but I will get that added in the coming days. I think I've spent about 16 hours this weekend getting all the final kinks worked out, so please take a gander if you feel you have the time!

:transport: I hope you guys like it. Let me know what you think or if you have any constructive feedback. It isn't super mobile-responsive yet, but it does work (content-wise) on phones. :)

:omg: ALSO - if you've visited the lair before, then your browser probably has it cached. If it looks the same as it did before, try holding SHIFT on your keyboard and refreshing the page. It will reload the page with all the new assets!

Gloogo:
It looks fantastic! Your content remains so readable even with the illustrated look; I'm a big fan of this. Still poking around, but I love your direction. :cheesy:

Also... Is that a "Funkeys" floating in the tube??

TheNothingMonster:
Wow, this looks amazing! I like how the contents flash a little when they swap from link to link; it's such a small detail but I think it adds quite a lot to the art style. I really enjoy this control panel-like aesthetic too. There are just so many little things you can add onto it to make it feel even more interactive and engaging. Great work! I am excited to see how it develops in the long run. :4u:

tarraxahum:
Oh wow, that looks amazing :ozwomp:

I don't particularly have anything clever to say but I just love the whole aesthetic and how all the elements are integrated into it!

Lyonid:
I can't stop looking at it. That is such a slick vibe. It really makes me want to make some cool backgrounds for my site. And the little creature in the tank?!?!? I'm obsessed. As a fellow gif collector I checked out your archive and it's still styled in this typical raw format. I think that's sick, but maybe you planned to change that! I genuinely can't wait to check back in to see some of those vintage desktop wallpapers!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version