Interests Zone > ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

What is your question you STILL don't know the answer to?

(1/4) > >>

Snackish Magpie:
Does anyone have any burning (and potentially silly) questions that they feel they should probably know the answer to, but don't?

Mine is "where do birds go at night?", people tend to give me the sensible answer of "they sleep in the trees", but I can't think of a time I saw birds sleeping in trees - even during winter when there's no leaves! Maybe they are there but I'm just not looking for them...or they're sensible enough to be very well hidden :)

I'd look up the answer, but that feels like taking the easy way out!  :dive:

neongod:
I'm not a bird expert, so just my guess. I think during winter many bird migrate. The ones that don't probably have a nest in various better protected locations than bare trees. I would think of crevices in rocks, hollow trees and human made structures. During other times of the year they're probably all around, just good at hiding their nests or themselves while taking a nap.

varve:
Don't forget evergreen trees and shrubs. Not all trees end up bare-branched in winter!

Birds are generally good at hiding, although in my area there's a massive murder of crows (approaching 10,000!) that all sleep together in a known area, so it's rather hard to miss. The twilight "crow commute" is impressive - just *rivers* of crows all flying towards their rookery for the night.

azurite:
Everyone doesn't really know the question to this but what happens after death? I was raised up Christian all my childhood. mostly thought it was heaven or hell. but is it really true? For all I know we could just die and end up in an eternity in a backroom which wouldn't be bad if I was trapped in a mall like backroom, I wouldn't mind that. sorry I am being unserious. :ohdear:

PurpleHello98:

--- Quote from: azurite on March 30, 2024 @507.84 ---Everyone doesn't really know the question to this but what happens after death? I was raised up Christian all my childhood. mostly thought it was heaven or hell. but is it really true? For all I know we could just die and end up in an eternity in a backroom which wouldn't be bad if I was trapped in a mall like backroom, I wouldn't mind that. sorry I am being unserious. :ohdear:

--- End quote ---

I once saw an interview with Betty White where she said that her mother always called it "the secret" that we all find out once we die. When we're in this life, we may think we know, but we can't be for sure about it. I find that's a really helpful way of looking at the mystery of it. I'm a Christian personally, but I don't really believe in Hell---many Christians, myself included, believe it's either Heaven or nonexistence.

--- Quote from: neongod on February 28, 2024 @23.43 ---I'm not a bird expert, so just my guess. I think during winter many bird migrate. The ones that don't probably have a nest in various better protected locations than bare trees. I would think of crevices in rocks, hollow trees and human made structures. During other times of the year they're probably all around, just good at hiding their nests or themselves while taking a nap.

--- End quote ---

I've also seen birds' nests on the underside of bridges---they're very resourceful! They may also be living in local birdhouses---my mum's got a birdhouse out back with some birds in it right now.

My question is this (if you get this, you're my new best friend): where did all the anvils go?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version