Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @648.01 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Songs that make you cry

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Songs that make you cry  (Read 309 times)
Sofly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Oh hey hi

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: January 03, 2024 @628.73 »

Oh hey hi

This topic is for you to discuss songs that make you cry (or get teary-eyed, you get me) whenever you listen to them, you can talk about what that song means to you, why it makes you react the way it does, when did you first find it, or anything you want to really!

For example, my song that consistently jerks tears out of my face is Pollyanna, from the Mother vocal album; without going into too much detail, i've been having a complicated relationship with trust and believing, and this song helps ease that stress a little bit, it's cheery and upbeat vibe and its lyrics about foolish thoughts and the joy it brings to the singer nonetheless is just  :chef:

Again, share whatever you feel necessary, no need to get extremely personal or anything like that!

Profile pic is from Secret Little Haven
alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

NEW PLASTIC TREE 5.29 !!!!1!!!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024 @913.89 »

I actually have a definitive playlist of these songs

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37VZJoROWRcEkfeV7HRuPU?si=b7163490df9c4e11

Every song on this list has a unique explanation, i take a lot of time archiving the things i listen to because our family has a history of memory loss with age :/

Since there's so many, I won't explain them all, but i will explain my favorite examples -

Somehow by Phony Ppl - found this song after i had a long friendship end. I know the song is probably about romantic love, but the lyrics really resonated with me after that situation.
Nukegara by Plastic Tree - The most recent example, i cried to this song because I realized how much I've made it through as a person. I was standing on an empty beach after biking miles to get there, and it hit me that the life i was living at that moment was so much more than I ever could have dreamed of. It was a good cry.
Beautiful Silence by t e l e p a t h -- Similarly to the nukegara one. I was dogsitting for a neighbor, the sun had just set, and i was in the woods, where everything was covered in snow. The sky was just getting dark, the dogs were sitting on the ground next to me, and you could hear the stream flowing downhill. The beauty of the moment just made me cry.

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024 @209.47 »

I don't really cry to it anymore, but True Colors by Cyndi Lauper was a major tearjerker for me as a teen. My mom linked it on a Facebook post wishing me a happy birthday and I've associated it with my struggles with self-love ever since. Other than that, the final track for Everywhere at the End of Time (Place in the World fades away) made me weep when I first heard it. I view as the musical representation of what death must feel like.

Snow
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024 @612.14 »

I have quite a few songs that make me cry. I'd say I'm a pretty emotional person and all it takes is for a song to sound a certain way for it to make me cry.

If I'm crying over a song, it's either tears of sadness or tears of happiness. I find more often than not I will cry tears of happiness when I hear a song that I think is amazing and beautiful.

Some piano songs make me cry sad tears, some examples that come to mind include this piano cover of Killswitch Engage's song "My Curse", by Sean Townsend, and "An Accidental Memory In the Case of Death" by Eluvium.

Songs that make me cry happy tears tend to feel very "warm".. if that makes sense? Like, very comforting and has this hopeful feel to it. Two examples are "Love Me For Me" by ZOEgirl, and "Top Of The World" by Bethany Dillon.

And just on a side note, those last two songs I linked to are both considered "Christian music". I'm not at all religious, never have been. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't think that some Christian music sounds awesome and can be very much as enjoyable as any other music.
rigel
Casual Poster ⚓︎

yah

StatusCafe: rigel
iMood: rirituuu

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2024 @111.71 »

"depression of the young literati" by nanou is the first thing that comes to mind... i don't really cry to it anymore but it did do the deed back when i would frequently listen to it back when i was still in middle school. its sincerity regarding that kind of feeling it describes, when it just suddenly hits you out of nowhere, was what speaks volumes to me.

a much more recent (i'm using recent very lightly here because last time i listened to this was back in 2021) example is tuyu's "faithful dog hachi" annddddd. i'd think it's pretty self-explanatory from the title. it's based off of the story of hachiko the dog and just thinking about it already makes me tear up so as you would expect i would ugly cry every time i listened to this.

an honorable mention would be "synesthesia ghost" by nekobolo mainly because while i've never cried to it i get very close. i feel the tightening of my throat and that heavy feeling in my chest and those tears preparing to collect in my eyes, that kind of feeling.

~ rigel ! :4u: (she/her)
Max_Starlight

I am obsessed with clowns. :o)

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2024 @30.87 »

Bowl of Oranges by Bright Eyes does it for me. It's helped me through some dark times, it's very grounding and comforting. Would definitely recommend it.  :chef:

I love clowns!!!!! :o)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

chiptune maker!

Started by cinniBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 6
Views: 2055
Last post March 08, 2023 @308.04
by Gans
Iconic Video Game Songs [Player's Choice Award]

Started by NightdriftBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 24
Views: 3897
Last post March 21, 2024 @26.45
by konamiesque
An enemy from the game I'm trying to make

Started by Grafo VolaveruntBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 1411
Last post March 22, 2022 @61.42
by Grafo Volaverunt

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi