Interests Zone > ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

what'd you guys think about hazbin hotel?

(1/4) > >>

Diggon:
Have you guys seen/ liked hazbin hotel? I personally thought it was neat and liked how it evoked like... 2015 internet fandom vibes-- down to the tumblr sexymen and everything. The characters are fun and likable, and the premise is pretty cool too.

My only gripe would, I guess, be with how fast the story progressed. I felt like Hazbin Hotel was sorta weirdly paced and it didn't give enough time to develop its existing characters before introducing new ones. However, It's still a very comfy show to watch if you like nice animation, musical theatre, and have nostalgia for those sorta vibes.

starbreaker:
Haven't seen it, and probably won't since it's only on Amazon Prime and I can't be arsed to download bootlegs.

BagelCake:
i liked it and did not expect it to be so musical lol.

i'm not against profanity in any way, but the first couple episodes felt like they had excessive profanity just to be edgy and oversell the "this is hell and every other word has to be profane" and it kinda turned me off to the show a little, but i'm glad i kept watching it ended up being really enjoyable.

lianna:
I liked parts of it but I felt a bit uncomfortable sometimes by the overt and blunt way that they often referenced the queer subculture and kink. It was not only too much. It was authentic to how many people act and talk and joke around, but it's something that I just don't want to reach the mainstream or want to see in a commercial production, ya know?
I don't want a popular adult animation series to make overt queer or kink jokes as much as Hazbin Hotel did, it just feels like they're popularizing something pretty personal, shoving it into the limelight. Not to mention that it might be water on the mills for bigots.

night-at-the-musian:
I watched it with my fiance a few weeks ago. Angel Dust was my personal favorite; as someone that worked on the retail end of the sex industry, he reminded me of a lot of people I've met. I also enjoy the worldbuilding as opposed to Helluva Boss, which used the classic Dante's Inferno ring-style world. Hell's all on one pentagram.

It's a show! That exists! And people either really like it or really hate it. I had fun with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version