World Wild Web > ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

does anyone know examples of 3d websites?

(1/2) > >>

lina:
i'm interested in 3d at the moment and i want to gather references. there is a page on melonland about creating 3d websites with X3D, but i don't know any other sites besides ozwomp... does anyone know of any?  :pc:

e-:
...well mine kinda is...

It's super low tech-I built it in blender and rendered animated gifs as image maps for all the pages.
Doing it this way makes it easy to code, robust, and doesn't require executables.
Old sites did amazing things with flash but bc of flash have never been archived publicly ):

bingus_baby:
I don't know of any other 3D sites, but I just took a look at yours and!!!!!! Omg I love it so muchhhhhhhh ;_; The home page in particular I adore, the lighting over each area you hover on is just AUGHGH I am such a sucker for colorful 3D lights. The pink corner of the homepage PC has my heart especially. With the lil flower sticker!!!! Your site for sure landed a spot in my bookmarks. Hopefully you'll start a trend of 3D sites! Despite the film industry being oversaturated with 3D art, there isn't as much indie 3D stuff as I'd like. Makes me want to export some of my stuff into GIFs and display on my own site.

lina:
yes, that's exactly the type of site i was hoping to find!! the lighting when you hover on the images is beautifully done, congrats! and thanks for sharing  :chef:

if i were to do something like this, i would definitely use blender and then image maps too!

littlesecret:
 e- your website is SOOOOOOOO beautiful!!

I'm also looking for more 3d websites or 3d components embedded in sites. I'll edit this post later and add what I find. Im working on an interactive poetry website right now and seeing melon's landing page 3d scene inspired me to embed a 3d scene in my site. I'm wondering why people don't use x3d or webgl stuff more in their websites. Is it cus "proper" 3d engines exist?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version