Forum Hub > ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions

hiiiiiii!

(1/2) > >>

shydeer:
suuuuup? been lurking here for a while and decided to dip my toes in! here are some quick facts:

* you can call me deer, shydeer, or miss-shydeer, as i'm known in many places across the web
* my pronouns are she/her
* i'm approaching 30 years old
* i'm almost done with a masters degree in library and information science
* i love the old web and all efforts to bring it back
here are some things i'm into!

* art history
* old shoujo manga/anime
* video games (mainly RPGs)
* fantasy novels
* cooking
* drawing in mspaint
* gay stuff
i have a website -- it can be found here! it's a mess right now but it's MY mess and i love it. i'm learning a lot as i bumble around trying to do things i haven't tried yet. i've known html since i was a kid, but never built a site from the ground up before -- only customized profiles on websites and forum signatures. since the rise of neocities and the small/personal web revival i've envied the people who built wonderful sites that had such personality and life to them and desperately wanted to try it myself. i didn't know what i was going to do with my site, but i just dove in! and it's been slowly growing on and off over the past couple years as i try to balance my webmastery with my real life responsibilities; adding pages for this and that, anything that catches my fancy and i think i can do. it's been a nostalgic ride and has brought me tons of joy <3

i'm excited to meet some other people of a similar mind, and learn from people with more experience in webmastery!

Paprika:
Old shoujo manga and anime, wow ! I like this kind of art too ! Any old anime you'd recommend to someone that doesn't watch much of this kind ? I've seen "Lady Oscar", "Fruits Basket" and "Sailor Moon" !

also, hello and welcome to the MelonLand forums !!!

shydeer:
hi!! thanks! ^____^ and thanks for the fun question -- as a librarian-in-training i love giving book recs!

--- Quote ---"Lady Oscar"
--- End quote ---
if you like lady oscar for its art style, might i recommend onii-sama e? (from the same artist!)

or if you like it because of the women with swords element, you might like revolutionary girl utena!

--- Quote ---"Fruits Basket
--- End quote ---
if you liked fruits basket for it's combination of drama, comedy, and tragedy, as well as realism with fantasy, you might like full moon wo sagashite!

--- Quote ---"Sailor Moon"
--- End quote ---
if you like magical girl anime, you might try cardcaptor sakura

or if you like magical girl teams specifically, tokyo mew mew or mermaid melody pichi pichi pitch might be more your speed!

Nikodile:
Welcome to the forum, fellow RPG enjoyer!

What's your favorite RPG and are you playing anything currently?

shydeer:

--- Quote from: Nikodile on March 15, 2024 @664.97 ---Welcome to the forum, fellow RPG enjoyer!

What's your favorite RPG and are you playing anything currently?

--- End quote ---

hi, thank you!!

my favorite? hmmmm. it's a tie between fallout: new vegas (2010) and kingdom hearts 2 (2005)

currently i'm too busy with grad work to play a ton of video games, but when i find a few spare minutes i've been playing through little goody two shoes (2023)!

what about you? do you have a favorite, and/or a current playthrough? :^)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version