Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @612.95 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 54/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hello!! (:

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello!! (:  (Read 1207 times)
brawler

i believe in nissan silvia j's

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: April 14, 2022 @293.33 »

Hello!! My name is brawler, I am a full-time 2D/3D artist taking the deep dive back into a more creative internet space. My art and "brand" is centered around Y2K inspired pieces, and my own takes on it. I do animated videos, still images, low-poly and hi-poly; I hope to be the one-man army my artistic vision requires, hahaha.

I work primarily through Instagram ( @ brwler ) and spend wayy too much time on there talking with clients and brands. I am so tired of boring, conforming social medias. I can't be myself on there, not with the eyes that are on me. I am tired of limiting myself, I miss talking in informed, long paragraphs, explaining all my thoughts to people who will listen (without the algorithm screwing me over). It has taken its toll on me a bit, having to post according to the algorithm to stay afloat, and in-turn I have begun craving a section of the internet I can call mine. I miss the internet of old, decentralized and personalized, and soon stumbled across neocities. My mind was blown. It looked like the internet I longed for!

BUT. I have not coded html since 2017, and even then, I was not very good at it. Like what's a jQuery? How do I set up a blog and have it show updated on my homepage? What the heck is a container:dunno:? :ohdear: For a few years now I have had a very bland Wix site, but it never really felt like me. I never stayed up to date with it, and I think its finally time to make a change. I found this forum from Cinni's neocity!

I hope I can build a website that really represents me, and I am excited to dig deep into this forum. It has a very nice charm to it!

More about me: I like cars (it is a crippling addiction), I collect video games, consume anime, and take photos. (:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022 @330.80 by brawler » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022 @460.05 »

Hi brawler :ha:

Oooph, that sounds like a pretty similar story to a lot of people on here! It can be a very hard line to walk, how much to you make something for yourself knowing it may not reach the widest audience, verses making things for other people in order to make a living and follow your dream career. I'm still looking for the balance too! I think its possible though and you're in good company!

I have not coded html since 2017, and even then, I was not very good at it. Like what's a jQuery?
Firstly, you really dont need jQuery or any fancy libraries like that for a person site, yes its powerful, but with great power comes less fun! Andd thanks for reminding me, I reeaaallyyy need to write a short guide to getting started with/back into website making for homepages!

What the heck is a container

For a few years now I have had a very bland Wix site
So I tried using wix the other day as a joke, and I was actually surprised how good it is; you can do really quite dynamic fun stuff with it; although it still does not have the crisp handmade quality of a hand written site. I think if you can have fun using it, any site building system is the right one!

Sites are by their nature slower, they will never be as up to the moment as a social media feed because they are more work to make, that's a limit that you can work around and work with.

I think making a site can be as much a voyage of self discovery as self representation :cheesy:

I like cars (it is a crippling addiction), I collect video games, consume anime, and take photos. (:
Oooh, cars! That always seemed like a real adult hobby to me, I loved Rust Valley Restorers on Netflix, whats your fav sort of car?

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* If you're new to website making this is a good first tutorial!
* If you're interested in making 3D worlds check out this thread!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here first!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum on your site and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
brawler

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022 @863.38 »

Thank you for the warm welcome and for the welcome pack!

I reeaaallyyy need to write a short guide to getting started with/back into website making for homepages!

I will be keeping an eye out if you ever find the time to make this!

I was actually surprised how good (wix) is
I think it is very good as well! It just feels a bit stale/a bit too modern for what I want out of it, but for what it sets out to do (being a accessible site maker for people looking to make quick, clean pages for themselves), it does it very well!

Oooh, cars! That always seemed like a real adult hobby to me, I loved Rust Valley Restorers on Netflix, whats your fav sort of car?
Definitely need an adult's finances to partake in it haha. I love all cars, but am currently fixing up a Nissan 240SX and a Toyota AE86.

cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022 @917.48 »

woo hey brawler!! welcome to the forum! i love your work on instagram sm so its nice to see you here! i 100% feel you on social media and how paralyzing it can be :ohdear: i just wanna post silly pics but i feel the need to be polished so i just never post anything. i decided to pick up html again a few years ago and never looked back!!

what r some of your anime favs / inspirations ?? :ha:

brawler

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022 @868.43 »

woo hey brawler!! welcome to the forum! i love your work on instagram sm so its nice to see you here! i 100% feel you on social media and how paralyzing it can be :ohdear: i just wanna post silly pics but i feel the need to be polished so i just never post anything. i decided to pick up html again a few years ago and never looked back!!

Thank you so much :blush: the feeling is mutual, your works are incredible and your "jade's world" project is very inspirational! after reading some other posts on here, it is nice to know that it seems to be a shared feeling about social media and the longing for the old web!

what r some of your anime favs / inspirations ?? :ha:

Tooo many to list! Fave anime's .. hm, a few off the top of my head: Shakotan Boogie, Bari Bari Densetsu, Desert Punk, Rosario + Vampire (pure middle school nostalgia), Initial D Stage 1-3! If i start listing other inspirations the list will never end...

What about you? :ha:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi