Forum Hub > ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions

hii eveybo dy !!

(1/1)

syrupnx:
good evening melonlanders ! i'm syrup, a trans girl drifting across the ether of the net :pc:

i am a bit of a retro tech nut. right now, i don't have much retro hardware like i used to, so instead im surfing the net and messing with html!

i have a general distaste with modern technology, especially when it comes to paywalled information, intrusive advertisements, and abuse of users by the big social media and tech companies. i have an xubuntu desktop computer, a macbook, and a steam deck.

i like to dabble in programming, but im not very good at it. i also enjoy reading and writing, as well as playing and sometimes designing games.

i maintain a site at https://syrupnx.space/ that is hosted on neocities. it doesnt have too much on it but i do have a few blog posts & a couple of things ive made.

looking forward to being here and more involved in the indie web ! :ozwomp:

rhenn:
Hello, and welcome!

What sort of books/etc do you enjoy reading?

syrupnx:
i enjoy a lot of science fiction stories! i recently finished The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells, and i'm currently reading another book of his, The Time Machine :cool:

outside of books, i like to read different blog posts and other things on the internet, not necessarily anything specific.

i haven't read too many books recently outside of school, but im hoping to do so when i finish senior year in a couple of months

Paprika:
Heyyy ! Welcome to the LemonLand Forum !  :cheerR:

SciFi Books are cool ! Have any favorite author ? I like Asimov, Jack Vance and Pierre Bordage ! My latest read is Joe Haldeman's "Forever War" it was super interesting to read ! My first Sci-Fi book was "Starship Troopers" from Robert A. Heinlein. I think it aged poorly nowadays, I found some stuff a bit dubious in intent...

syrupnx:
i don't think i have any favorite authors, i don't rember who wrote my favorite stories in the past, and i don't necessarily focus on who the author is for a story.
i can't really think of any specific author that i really enjoy because i do like to read other kinds of stories, and i also haven't been reading too much because i've been focusing on school a lot. i'll have to check out those other authors though!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version