Art & Games > ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Critique Group!

(1/2) > >>

e-:
Lets become better artists together!

Post your art here for feedback and constructive criticism. Or dish it out.

A critique could be:

* I like this because...
* I don't like this because...
A critique is not:

* I like this.
* I don't like this.
feeling sheepish? try the sandwich:

* Here's something you did well!
* Here's something you could improve on.
* Here's something else you did well!

Hyde:
Hello!! I'd like to drop in my most recent project :)

This is a drawing of the main character in my comic, Braindread. It's going to be a full body at some point :)

I've done everything... except the arms and legs. yippers. (i have trouble with perspective and limbs)
I can't decide on a pose TT-TT i'm willing to redo some stuff for a better more dynamic pose but i feel so uncreative about that bit

e-:
The head is beautifully rendered! Tons of personality there. As far as poses go, you can and should use a pose inform your characters personality. It doesn't have to be anything crazy dynamic and complicated. Would they stand with clenched hands or loose? Would they bend their knees? Put weight on one leg? Most of the trouble I run into with poses comes from not thinking about the motivation for making said pose.
I'd suggest getting in front of a mirror and acting out your character. A good pose can go a long way in realizing a personality, even if it's just a character sheet!

Hyde:
That's a good idea w/ the mirror, idk why i never thought of that! I really should make a character sheet lol, that will for sure help a lot :>

Nikodile:

--- Quote from: Hyde on April 23, 2024 @717.41 ---Hello!! I'd like to drop in my most recent project :)
--- End quote ---

What a cool style! Love how grunge-y yet colorful they look. For pose, I think just arms on the side while standing could work with the facial expression you have - almost like they're incredibly annoyed at something.

I've been working on an RPG for the past few years, had to restart for Godot 4, but figured I can show some of the visuals off. Things like the arrows are just stand-ins for now.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=LN2SXXQSM3w

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version