Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @119.59 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  GunZ The Duel

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: GunZ The Duel  (Read 1052 times)
Sylvian
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: May 01, 2022 @183.89 »

This was probably the quintessential 3rd person shooter, I don't think it will ever be surpassed. Crazy that it was so good because of an unintended glitch. I never got super 1337 and learned Kstyle properly, but I had a lot of fun playing this game. Anyone else?

I'd play it again but IIRC its networking is p2p and has a fairly sketchy underground hacker scene associated with it. So I'm staying away for the time being.

Kutan

Chitter Critter

View Profile

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022 @701.67 »

Oh MAN I played a lot of GunZ. I actually did learn how to kstyle half decently, and the game gets really boring when you do; everyone is invincible most of the time from the block they get during butterfly, and the only loadout you see is dual shotgun. It's basically a game of tag where everyone is zipping around trying to shotgun each other in the back and kills hardly ever happen. I would regularly make new accounts and level back up from 1 just so I could play against people that were using different loadouts :omg:k:

Movement tech is definitely a fun feature in competitive games even when it's unintended, like wavedashing in Melee and bunny hopping in Quake. It's just so funny to me that GunZ caught on because it launched so massively broken and exploitable that the skill ceiling ended up being huge. It was like a contest to see who could out-exploit their opponents. It's the kind of thing I can't really picture happening again, but it was a ton of fun in its heyday.

Sylvian
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022 @67.15 »

Oh MAN I played a lot of GunZ. I actually did learn how to kstyle half decently, and the game gets really boring when you do; everyone is invincible most of the time from the block they get during butterfly, and the only loadout you see is dual shotgun. It's basically a game of tag where everyone is zipping around trying to shotgun each other in the back and kills hardly ever happen. I would regularly make new accounts and level back up from 1 just so I could play against people that were using different loadouts :omg:k:

Movement tech is definitely a fun feature in competitive games even when it's unintended, like wavedashing in Melee and bunny hopping in Quake. It's just so funny to me that GunZ caught on because it launched so massively broken and exploitable that the skill ceiling ended up being huge. It was like a contest to see who could out-exploit their opponents. It's the kind of thing I can't really picture happening again, but it was a ton of fun in its heyday.

I remember that lol, interesting perspective you have. Most people miss kstyle and thought it made the game more '1337'. Yeah man it's interesting to see how exploits make things more workable so to speak. I don't think there will be another game like it, since it was unintentional.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4974
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 1629
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision
Old site themes?

Started by JackFrostBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 1
Views: 792
Last post October 04, 2023 @668.95
by Uneuclid

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi