Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @929.84 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 42/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  looking for help with a 3D neocities directory mall idea!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: looking for help with a 3D neocities directory mall idea!  (Read 659 times)
Frost Sheridan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Dragon of the Digital Plane

StatusCafe: frostsheridan
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2022!
« on: September 19, 2022 @871.91 »

hey! after seeing some discussion on the yesterweb discord about some old web browser that allowed you to walk through a virtual 3D mall in order to discover new sites, i was motivated to try to make something similar in VR! the VR social platform neos allows for hyperlinks and http requests in its in-game scripting language (called logix), so i think that it would be the ideal platform for something like this. i'd like to focus on showcasing neocities-hosted websites in particular for now, just because neocities automatically generates thumbnails and they're really easy to scrape.

i was able to make a script using logix that can grab the thumbnail and title of a neocities website from its URL and display it in-world as a clickable billboard, so i think this idea would be possible!

however, i have zero architectural 3D modeling skills, so actually making a virtual mall is way outside of my skillset unfortunately. is there anyone here who's able to 3D model buildings and such and would be willing to provide some help for this project? i'd love for this to become a (virtual) reality!

[ [ where delusions dwell . . . ] ]

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 5322
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 2
Views: 3295
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe
Fortunately / Unfortunately

Started by xandraBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 36
Views: 5672
Last post April 04, 2023 @692.78
by debleb

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi