Interests Zone > ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

The Aquabats! Super Show!

(1/1)

McMagnetic:
Has anyone here heard of The Aquabats? The show, not the band. Well, both of them, but I mean the show specifically. :ok:
They tried for almost 14 years to get the show and man did the effort pay off. (ask me about the pilots...)
The Aquabats Super Show aired on the hub network from 2012 - the very end. It follows the misadventures of these superhero dudes, who are also in a rock and roll band (That actually exists!)
The show is mostly live action but it has "It's a Cartoon!" segments that range from american anime style to.. um, shmorky. Whoops.
But anyway, the "characters" are Christian Jacobs as the MC Bat Commander on vocals, James Briggs as Jimmy the Robot on saxophone and keyboards, Chad Larson as Crash McLarson on bass, Ian Fowles as Eaglebones Falconhawk on guitar (MY FAVORITE, HE'S SO SWEET IN REAL LIFE), and Ricky Falomir as Ricky Fitness on drums.
I'm really passionate about this show and the band in general. My favorite episode is Showtime. Have you guys watched it? What did you think? Is it your first time hearing about this??!?!?!?!?!

garystu:
I donated to the kickstarter to get series 3 made. its a shame things didn't really work out, series 3 was a bit crap but for understandable reasons. I've seen many similar situations before, oh well.

I was also watching a lot of 60's Batman when I stumbled onto the Super Show, and I guess I was just in the mood for that campy superhero stuff. And it was some good stuff. I really like the time loop setup of season 1 as well, it's a really solid story. I also like how there's also a of background gags and rewards for repetitive viewing, a lot of attention to detail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version