Interests Zone > ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Homestuck

(1/4) > >>

Misanthropic Monster™:
Has anyone here read Homestuck? What were your thoughts and feelings on it? Did you have any fave characters or arcs in the story?

I personally loved it and have fond memories of my friend linking the comic to me in 2011, and then us staying up ALL NIGHT and reading the entire thing in one sitting haha. I was enthralled the entire time...

Below is my fan-troll - I've not actually drawn her since 2012 so these are older doodles :ozwomp:  :4u:

wygolvillage:
I was into it in middle school, not huge on it now. That kind of cynical ironic style of writing isn't really my thing anymore... Tastes just change over time I guess!

My favorite character was Vriska at the time.

Misanthropic Monster™:
Vriska was super cool  :cheesy:

I get what you mean though, there are a lot of other things I was into in the past that I am not now, but Homestuck is still really cool to me... I suppose more for how surreal and trippy the entire lore was. I loved the

I also loved the trolls... my favorite was Gamzee Makara. I also loved Lord English!

starlitPrimrose:
ayo! huge homestuck fan here lol :O) i read it in full sometime in late 2021 i think. i've been meaning to re-read it again for funsies but my current hyperfixations haven't let me yet LOL my cousin is the one who originally tried to get me into it, i think around 2017-ish? but due to some personal life circumstances around the time i wasn't able to get too far into it. i was watching a reading/comic dub of it back then lol so there are certain narrative voices that i think of whenever i read anything homestuck related.

given some of the very... era-typical language thats used in the comic (slurs and other such references) i tend to look at homestuck with a view of Enjoy It but Criticize it if that makes sense. I like to enjoy the story and characters, but i also like to acknowledge that some of the content and language used in it was Not Okay lol idk  :drat: idk how to really phrase this right so i hope that made sense

that aside, i have a few different favorite characters! Troll-wise, back then my favorite troll would've probably been Gamzee, these days i'm split between Kanaya and Terezi (mostly Kanaya tbh) as for the kids, Dave Strider is my absolute Favorite followed closely by John

funnily enough, you know how the trolls have lots of different blood colors? i came up with the idea of my non-human ocs having different blood colors before i read homestuck, and then i read homestuck and was like "yo hold up! :O" lmao

love or hate homestuck tho, the music from it are all bangers. i listen to songs from homestuck pretty frequently because theyre just that good lol

tertiaryapocalypse:
oh man, yeah. i'm actually a pretty big homestuck fan right now! i read it first over the pandemic but i've read it again like, 3 or 4 times since? like starlitPrimrose said, i tend to approach it with a critical eye since a lot of the comic has questionable word choices or coding (in the literature sense, rather than the technical.) but i think it's really strong at building characters that feel real, and that seems to be the general consensus of other fans!

i like acts 1-4 the most honestly, once it gets to act 6 i start to lose interest in rereading it even if it was the act i liked the most initially. it loses a certain je ne sais quoi at that point, i guess! my favourite characters are definitely john, jane, and terezi, though :transport:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version