Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @73.54 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 927.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :eyes: ~ Inconvenience is counterculture ~ :eyes:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  ⚽︎ ∙ Arcade
| | | |-+  Mimosa and the Clocktower - A Gamemaker project

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Mimosa and the Clocktower - A Gamemaker project  (Read 1336 times)
Historia-Q
Casual Poster

I'm just a silly comet worm browsing the forums

⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2024 @996.94 »

Solo dev of Mimosa and the Clocktower. Click on the image above to enter the MATC portal.
Feel free to contact me if it's anything important, but I tend to be busy irl.
Historia-Q
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2024 @56.88 »

Ever see a popple with a clockface?

Solo dev of Mimosa and the Clocktower. Click on the image above to enter the MATC portal.
Historia-Q
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2024 @592.33 »

The Patreon page for the game is now open!

Historia-Q
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2024 @130.03 »

(Copied from Toyhouse)

Update:

I am going to take a break from working on the game again. Aside from Art Fight season coming up, I am also away for Vacay between June 20th and July 6th. I am away for Quebec and Ontario during this time.

What does this mean? You won't really expect any new footage for a while. I'll get back to working on it sometime in August/September.

Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2024 @826.22 »

Been looking through your project bit by bit the past month or so, really fun to see. The visuals really remind me of Kirby's Dreamland 3. Very cool art style! Looking forward to see more updates after your break!  :ozwomp:

Historia-Q
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2024 @686.04 »

Been looking through your project bit by bit the past month or so, really fun to see. The visuals really remind me of Kirby's Dreamland 3. Very cool art style! Looking forward to see more updates after your break!  :ozwomp:

Tysm! I'm glad you really like the visuals of the game (and I appreciate the Kirby comparisons as well since that series is a huge inspo for it). I currently have some plans made already for when I come back, and three of these (NPC interaction rework, cutscenes, and boss fights) are major priorities right now.

Historia-Q
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2024 @36.48 »

(crosspost from Toyhouse)

Okay, alas I'm done with Art Fight for the year, but I won't be going back to work on Mimogame until around August-ish, so I'm doing round 2 of my AMA.

Linky link

Historia-Q
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2024 @131.75 »

AMA Round 2 is closed! Therefore, I'll be answering the questions now [Crossposted from Toyhouse]

Q: "What is your favourite thing about developing the game?"

A: I think my favorite thing about it right now is adding the breaths and give each one their own niches. All of the ones I've added so far were copypasted from the standard breath code with some tweaking, and it's quite easy to do, but once I get to stuff like the split breaths, it'll probably be a challenge.

Q: "How important is this project to you? Is it a hobby thing that you're  doing for fun? Is it your magnum opus? Not an interesting question, I  know."

A: I think it's more of a hobby than something that'll be a magnum opus, since I can't expect my stuff to become a success. Simply put, I just wanted to make something people would be highly invested in, especially considering that it's a game being released commercially.

Q: "Very excited to see how this project develops in the future! Do you have  any ideas on what you'd like the game's musical direction to be?"

A: I'm planning for it to have the vibe of being on an adventure, combined with some drama and comedy. I'm thinking more like Kirby music with a hint of Fire Emblem and Toby Fox in them. Some of the character themes would be based on the nursery rhymes they're based on. For example, this song I made covers the entire melody of Hickory Dickory Dock for the first half of the song, while the other half is my own melody. To be honest, I find it hard to make the songs sound and flow good without having a lot of experience (Not that I don't have any anyways), but that's something that I need to work on a bit more unless I hire a musician.

Historia-Q
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2024 @736.19 »

I have returned with new prototype footage. Check it out.

Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2024 @829.34 »

Wow, that's awesome mix up in gameplay. That is very cool. Love little hype shmup sessions in platformers.

Historia-Q
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2024 @88.44 »

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 2218
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon
My new side project: status.cafe

Started by m15oBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 28
Views: 6095
Last post August 07, 2024 @54.83
by QuesadillaWizard
What does a successful project mean to you?

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 7
Views: 2892
Last post December 13, 2021 @810.09
by Cobra!

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi