Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @174.71 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 826.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Sharks!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sharks!  (Read 742 times)
BUTCHBONEZ
Full Member ⚓︎

certified analog horror junkie

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Thanks for being rad!Local GothJoined 2024!
« on: May 03, 2024 @929.94 »

I thought it'd be nice to share some of your favorite sharks :DD

My favorites !

some images may seem disturbing
the basking shark
wobbegong
hammerhead
[close]
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024 @704.02 by BUTCHBONEZ » Logged

you are safe here, traveler

HY / XE / FANG
xixxii
Full Member ⚓︎

they/them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Web 1.0 Picture Size Expertthe xixxiiJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2024 @4.72 »

i love great white sharks' faces when they have their mouths closed! they look so silly!

nurse sharks are apparently really docile. they spend a lot of their time lying on the ground and don't really bother anybody. but since they're so nice humans bother them a LOT and end up getting bitten by nurse sharks way more often than other kinds of shark...

and i think greenland sharks are really cool! they have the longest known lifespan of any vertebrate; they can live for like 500 years. maybe more, even.

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2024 @972.99 »

Goblin sharks and cookie cutter sharks are my faves :D

Dibs
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Save the cheerleader, save the world!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2024 @863.58 »

Octonauts left me a die-hard lemon shark fan.
Here are some pixel shark friends that I made for such a sharky occasion. Their names are Brian and Bryan and they are wearing party hats:

Clear Skies!
mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2024 @877.53 »

Whale sharks are my favourite! I have a stuffed animal of one in my room actually! But I love all sharks honestly. They're all really cute :ok:

glitterpigeon
Full Member ⚓︎

And there's a blue like where the urban angels go

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: glitterpigeon

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2024 @936.77 »

it seems my fave sharks all relate to breathing in some way!

I have 2 favourites, threshers sharks (especially pelagic thresher sharks) and epaulette sharks!

most sharks can breathe when they aren't moving. this has sort of been popularized as how all sharks work, but there's actually only a few sharks that need to move to breathe. these are called  :unite: obligate ram ventilators! :unite:  (there are also some fish that do ram ventilation but also other types of ventilation, so they can still breathe when they aren't moving.) the thresher shark is one such obligate ram ventilator! they need to be moving (or having water actively flowing through their gills, such as in a current) in order to breathe!  :ohdear:  they also have a cool big tail!  :grin:

my other fave is the epaulette shark! living in tide pools, this small shark can find itself stuck without enough water :omg:  to survive this, the shark can spend sometimes up to 2 hours without oxygen by sort of shutting off most of it's organs temporarily. they can also walk! these 2 things allow them to go and find a better tide pool by walking across the sand to it! 

pigeons will save the world!!!
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2024 @483.46 »

it seems my fave sharks all relate to breathing in some way!

I have 2 favourites, threshers sharks (especially pelagic thresher sharks) and epaulette sharks!

most sharks can breathe when they aren't moving. this has sort of been popularized as how all sharks work, but there's actually only a few sharks that need to move to breathe. these are called  :unite: obligate ram ventilators! :unite:  (there are also some fish that do ram ventilation but also other types of ventilation, so they can still breathe when they aren't moving.) the thresher shark is one such obligate ram ventilator! they need to be moving (or having water actively flowing through their gills, such as in a current) in order to breathe!  :ohdear:  they also have a cool big tail!  :grin:

my other fave is the epaulette shark! living in tide pools, this small shark can find itself stuck without enough water :omg:  to survive this, the shark can spend sometimes up to 2 hours without oxygen by sort of shutting off most of it's organs temporarily. they can also walk! these 2 things allow them to go and find a better tide pool by walking across the sand to it! 

I loved reading that!

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2024 @793.91 »

I know that sharks aren't that dangerous, but I really wouldn't want to see a Bullshark in vito. They look so cold and mean:

halcybutton
Casual Poster ⚓︎

it/ey/he

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: halcybutton
iMood: halcybutton
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2024 @831.54 »

i absolutely love sharks and have ever since i was a kid. my favorite sharks are basking sharks and goblin sharks! i think goblin sharks are so cool, they're living fossils and so unique looking :seal: i love all sharks though, and even have a small page on my site with some shark facts just because i love em so much ^_^

HALCYON 
it/he/ey - EST
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2024 @7.97 »

Goblin Sharks are super cool. I think most sharks are quite cute, I'd love to kiss their noses.

SiLver
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: SiLverSkelebeast

View Profile WWW

Lego Bionicle !Joined 2024!
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2024 @342.67 »

The blacknose shark is a silly sea beast that I like quite alot

:skull: Disciple of the Evil Skull since 2007 :skull:
di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2024 @70.61 »

A girl who I babysat was obsessed with whale sharks

They're as big as school buses, and when they're hungry they open their big mouths, swoop forward, and suck all the little plankton inside

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi