Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @989.71 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  My system's doing a con panel on web design, any tips or suggestions?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My system's doing a con panel on web design, any tips or suggestions?  (Read 1131 times)
xX_irkeneonz_Xx
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: May 26, 2022 @629.17 »

So the guys I share a body with are doing a panel for OtherCon about creating a website. It's more focused on it for nonhumans and systems, but I figured I'd ask if anyone has anything that might be a good idea to include. We could also use any web development or HTML guides and maybe website templates if anyone has any.

I haven't seen too many of us on here, but if you are alterhuman and you'd like to give us permission to use your website as an example for the panel, that would also be great.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022 @646.42 »

Oh thats super cool! Im doing a public talk soon to about websites, so Iv been preparing material as well. Iv got 2 objectives with my talk;
1. To introduce people to the idea of the web revival even if they have never heard or seen anything like it before.
2. To inspire people to get involved in it and take it seriously as a platform for art and a medium of art.

I think people like stories, so Im gonna try and weave a story based on my own philosophy and how I got into website making. Then I'm gonna mix that in with some fun examples of sites I made to keep it engaging. This is also partly why I wrote my website making guide, I wanted to clarify my ideas and get things really accessible for anyone hearing my talk; maybe there's a few things in there that would be helpful to you too.
I don't know any other systems personally, but Id sure like to see more of them around! So best of luck, Im sure you'll do great :4u:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
xX_irkeneonz_Xx
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022 @570.76 »

Oh thats super cool! Im doing a public talk soon to about websites, so Iv been preparing material as well. Iv got 2 objectives with my talk;
1. To introduce people to the idea of the web revival even if they have never heard or seen anything like it before.
2. To inspire people to get involved in it and take it seriously as a platform for art and a medium of art.

I think people like stories, so Im gonna try and weave a story based on my own philosophy and how I got into website making. Then I'm gonna mix that in with some fun examples of sites I made to keep it engaging. This is also partly why I wrote my website making guide, I wanted to clarify my ideas and get things really accessible for anyone hearing my talk; maybe there's a few things in there that would be helpful to you too.
I don't know any other systems personally, but Id sure like to see more of them around! So best of luck, Im sure you'll do great :4u:

That's along the lines of what we were thinking too, along with the history and importance of websites in the past. A part of why we know so much that we do now is because people made websites documenting their experiences and what their thoughts were on community discourse at the time

We may include your site as a citation, thank you! Good luck to you too :4u:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Pixel Art - Mini Contest - New message icons!

Started by MelooonBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 19
Views: 3333
Last post January 24, 2024 @827.36
by slimeteefs
Website size

Started by RolyBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 59
Views: 5395
Last post March 30, 2024 @910.61
by Semper
Collecting Webgardens - Post your webgarden & greenhouse!

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ Share your Resources

Replies: 33
Views: 13077
Last post December 31, 2023 @87.73
by corvidaegalaxy

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi