Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @753.55 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 39/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  ⚽︎ ∙ Games Gallery
| | | |-+  ♡-->★彡 jade's wurld ・゚✧ ★彡

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: ♡-->★彡 jade's wurld ・゚✧ ★彡  (Read 4544 times)
Kutan

Chitter Critter

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2022 @783.63 »

Oh man, I love this. The aesthetic is so good; the super stylized and clean character and object designs mashed up with the world's lo-fi photo textures is such a cool look. There's something really surreal and dreamy about it; how the textures lack definition, so you're having to use your imagination to fill in the blanks, and how everything is kind of vibrating and melting with that PS1 vfx shader. And it makes all the objects really pop, since they're very "stable" in comparison.

Rad as heck. I can't wait to see more!

cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2022 @384.93 »

long time no update.. :p some time ago i uploaded an updated demo (but some materials are missing OOPS) https://cinni.net/games/jade/04/

since then i've remade the whole map *again*, recently i made the bookstore and a few other buildings, updated the player model a bit, gave the npcs a very basic routine, theres a butterfly that will give u special fx, sparkle rain is back, added some visual post processing, uhh and i cant remember what else. still not much to do yet tho :pp

i'm actually making a new character controller cuz the one i'm using rn is a free asset and its hard for me to make edits to it. i'm still working on it but perhaps i'll add it by the next demo update! :ha:

cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2022 @221.48 »

decided i wanted to re-do the map *again* but so its easier to work with in my game engine. lower poly + better use of textures so im not worrying about 1000 materials @_@ here's one block thus far:

the protagonist's apartment to the left and a house to the right. i fixed the proportions on the apartment cuz i didnt like how small it looked compared to the player. also reduced the amount of polygons here by a lot :B

i am strategically placing under construction lots throughout the neighborhood to reduce the amount of buildings i have to make >_>

an example of just how little polygons there are now, compared to.....

THIS!

the textures are more resourceful too, i've managed to pack textures for two buildings in here:

and the stores thus far:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2022 @497.25 »

Ah this is cool, does it take a lot of prep work?

I know you pull textures from Google Maps, but do you have to turn them into sprite sheets manually? And the building models are made in Blender manually? Sooo.. are they textured in Blender or in Unity? Its looks super efficient however its done!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Zusk
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: zusk

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2022 @402.19 »

:ozwomp: :ozwomp:
I love this! I wanted you to know that this game in particular is what made me decide I wanted to make an account here. I loved this so much I just had to leave a reply!

I love the vibe you are going for here! The art style and general vibe right now really could go amazingly into a sort of a Shenmue style game.
Let me know if you ever need any help with general programming stuff! I have plenty of C#/Java experience from my own time in Unity and would have to be able to help out.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi