Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @544.44 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  The Official Nicolas Comics Site

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Official Nicolas Comics Site  (Read 935 times)
nsequeira119
Casual Poster

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: July 10, 2022 @163.45 »

This is the official Nicolas Comics website:

https://docs.google.com/document/u/2/d/e/2PACX-1vTt6keabwNzKjyQiOOjEvqSCN2guZIbivfH4EpWcl_MRyBTefwIZA_uIEMKTIitKMctZITj9gFORJcP/pub

It's gone through a lot of alterations and modifications since it first hit the Internet back in 2016, however some things really haven't changed. The reviews at the bottom, for instance, are pretty old. The heading with my name spelled out in rainbow colors has also been a visually distinct staple of the site since its inception, and while I do have some newer logos I don't think they really match the charm of the multicolored banner.

Of course, the meat of the site is taken up by the comic previews directly in the middle. I don't update the site very often, except when a new comic comes out, or some really important project warrants an announcement, as I feel the site comprises an evolving time capsule of the Nicolas Comics aesthetic.

I remember around 2019, when a lot of people first noticed the site, they told me that I was cheap for just making my website a published Google Doc. I really wouldn't have it any other way, I think it gives my website a certain panache which few other websites can match. It also makes organizing all the text and photos pretty easy, I just drop them inline. This was before I had a fundamental understanding of HTML, and while I probably could make a new website on Neocities or something, I opt to keep the OG Nicolas Comics site around and use it. It's even been archived a few times over the years by kind strangers on the Wayback Machine, so people can witness its ongoing development. That's pretty cool.

Aw HECK yeah!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022 @454.24 »

Fascinating! Iv never seen someone do a good doc site before. Its VERY zine aesthetic, you could sell copies of the site as a zine!

It seems like one of those slow burner kind of things, where you need to look at it a few times to start to see things, there's a lot going on here; I will inspect it further!

It reminds me of this audio clip by Sebadoh.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Best way to have a 2 column site?

Started by ObspogonBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 1897
Last post February 13, 2023 @208.53
by fLaMEd
How do you prefer to keep your site organized (or not)

Started by NightdriftBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 26
Views: 5614
Last post January 26, 2024 @915.29
by Paprika
POLL: How many personal sites have you built?

Started by xandraBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 30
Views: 4283
Last post January 11, 2024 @150.49
by xXWebMasterXx_Gina

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi