Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @229.13 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: Love is not possession  :4u:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  Oversaturation of choice sucks.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Oversaturation of choice sucks.  (Read 637 times)
Inlusione
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2024 @642.77 »

There's also an issue connected to how interested or passionate you are about a particular theme right then. For example, if you want to randomly find something without searching for specifics (at least genres, themes, characters, actors), the abundance of choices will definitely be paralysing. Personally, I stayed away from any FromSoftware games and other soulslikes until recently, but as I found myself getting bored of all the games I was starting and giving up on them so easily, I thought I should at least give "that genre" one more chance before moving on completely. Dark Souls I resonated with me at that time so much that I just found myself being completely immersed in that world - I couldn't believe it. I stopped caring about being commited to only one game, thinking about missing out other games and media, getting easily distracted and alt-tabbing nonstop out of the games I was playing and I think if one game can do that to me, it can happen to anybody regarding any type of media, we just have to find that "gem" that will keep us constantly hooked. I think that, maybe subconsciously, we're always interested in something in particular but we might just neglect it, finding it not beneficial to ourselves and trying to search for something that might sound better even if that'd mean to never get into that "state of mind/flow" that I felt playing the game after so many days of being in a slump.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2024 @646.25 by Inlusione » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Iconic Video Game Songs [Player's Choice Award]

Started by NightdriftBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 24
Views: 8347
Last post March 21, 2024 @26.45
by konamiesque
Neocities kinda sucks, but it's still kinda good.

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 30
Views: 3005
Last post March 07, 2023 @452.29
by debleb
Iconic anime/animated show openings [Personal Choice Awards]

Started by SilentHope33Board © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 2
Views: 667
Last post March 21, 2024 @630.96
by Nikodile

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi