Interests Zone > ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Languages

<< < (7/7)

appleAlc:
I’m not learning Pashto via Arabic, it’s simply that I can’t quite find resources to learn Pashto and I was seeking to learn a language that used the Arabic script, so, in absence of resources for one, I decided to try to take up Arabic. As for why Pashto caught my eye initially…I have no clue frankly. I’d been seeking to learn the Arabic script for, frankly, an aesthetic appreciation and figured I should at least attempt to learn a language to make use of that.

starbreaker:

--- Quote from: Cobra! on May 24, 2022 @500.69 ---What languages do you guys speak? Do you have any interest in learning more?

--- End quote ---

I'm really only fluent in two languages: English and bad English. I've picked up enough French that my wife and I were able to spend two weeks in Paris without coming across as "Ugly Americans"; I could order in restaurants, ask directions, make limited polite conversation with the staff at our hotel or with random strangers, and admit that I don't speak good French. I can manage a little Spanish where it's similar to French, but I haven't studied it and I don't rely too heavily on the Romance language connection. I've picked up "hello" and "goodbye" in a couple of other languages, but most of the languages I know are programming languages and outside this thread's intended scope. =^.^=

Elagabalus:

--- Quote from: Cobra! on May 24, 2022 @500.69 ---What languages do you guys speak? Do you have any interest in learning more?

--- End quote ---
I speak a few, English, Russian, Norwegian somewhat decent some that are quite rusty, Irish and Chinese. Then a bit of Etruscan (the little that is known now)

Guest:
I love languages! My second language is French, which is the native language of most of my family. I'm not fluent by any means, but I understand a good bit of it (my reading and listening comprehension is much better than my speaking and writing, lol). I also know a bit of Brazilian Portuguese, and I'm working on learning the basics of Russian currently!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version