Interests Zone > ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Anime recommendations please!

(1/2) > >>

pleb-hates-the-modern-web:
does anyone have any recommendations for horror and/or psychological anime (preferably with as little fanservice as possible)? i really enjoyed madoka magica and psycho-pass, and am planning to watch serial experiments lain after i finish higurashi (2006).

edit: bonus points for cyberpunk elements

MrsMoe:
Gonna be incredibly self-indulgent and recommend Evangelion (my personal favorite anime and a huge obsession of mine). There's some nudity and sexual themes, but those elements get played for drama as the story goes on.

But something else I highly recommend is Paranoia Agent. It's an anime by Satoshi Kon (Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, Paprika) and it has all of his trademarks. It's a really great dissection of mass hysteria and escapism.

oooh paranoia agent sounds really interesting :eyes:

and this might be an unpopular opinion, but i couldn't get into evangelion; i didn't get more than a few episodes in when i tried to watch it because i couldn't stand the protagonist for some reason i can't remember now. maybe i'll try again someday.

ty for the recommendations!

MrsMoe:
I understand. It gets much darker and more complex as it goes on, but it's admittedly not for everyone, I guess.

It's kinda awkward that you hated Shinji though since he's one of my highest kins, but you didn't hear that from me :innocent:

nooooo omg

my bad 💀💀💀

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version