Home Help Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2022, 11:21:34 pm
Forum activity rating: Two Star Posts: 13/24hrs Show Unread Posts | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Recent Posts
News: More cats, yess \o/ :4u: :transport: :TnT: :cheerR: :cheerL: :dive: :unite:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  General Interests
| | |-+  What is the most obscure masterpiece?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What is the most obscure masterpiece?  (Read 491 times)
Icelogist

View Profile WWW
« on: June 07, 2022, 02:26:42 am »

I always had this feeling that there are hundreds of masterpieces on the internet that can be considered "Godly" to their more average counterparts like good humor, editing, story telling, sound design, etc. But aren't well known. And I do have some examples of these lesser known forms of media existing on YouTube, like Wavetro or Kugee's YouTube channels, but I will warn that these channels do swear and are targeted for older audiences. And even then the only way I even knew that these channels existed is because one of their videos went viral. But what about the even more obscure stuff that probably is better than what these channels can make? Since we can't find them it's hard to confirm but they do exist out there.
MrsMoe

Leave your body and soul at the door~

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 09:56:02 am »

If we're talking about youtube channels, then I'd have to say the most underrated is Nyx Fears. She's a transgender youtuber with wonderful insights on horror and cult cinema, and yet I barely see her brought up whenever great video essayists are discussed.

idk how to put gifs here help
Zusk

Discord: Zusk#4576
StatusCafe: zusk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 11:26:22 am »

Got a short list here, a mix of channels/videos I find neat.  :4u:

« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 11:42:51 am by Zusk » Logged
/home/user/

Discord: sprinkles#1701
StatusCafe: sprinkles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 05:30:26 pm »

Anyone should check out the Nintendo DS game "Mister Slime" (or "Mr. Slime Jr." if you're European). It's so obscure that you can barely find any information on it, only a terrible terrible German TV trailer and the ROM on some sites.

It's an action game with a lovable but kinda unsettling psychedelic beatbox soundtrack, built around you playing this little round ball guy with extendable arms. You "drag" out the arms from his body in order to grab onto anchors, and that's how you move; anchor to anchor to anchor, letting go of and grabbing them in order to move from A to B. You can also slingshot, which you need for combat, use items, and need to watch walls and obstacles and solve puzzles to continue. Later on, there's also gesture-based magic.

It's extremely charming in my opinion but nobody has ever heard of it. I even tried contacting one of the devs but they're so unknown I didn't find anything about them.

Status Cafe Profile
Long live the RAWR: Retro-Aesthetic Web Revival
Frost Sheridan

CyberSurfer

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 12:47:03 pm »

my answer is definitely the visual novel aurora memoria, made by dv-i, my favorite artist. it’s basically if a playstation 1 was hallucinating what the future would look like in 100 years, with a fittingly wild visual style and soundtrack.

Zusk

Discord: Zusk#4576
StatusCafe: zusk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 05:56:15 pm »

Anyone should check out the Nintendo DS game "Mister Slime" (or "Mr. Slime Jr." if you're European). It's so obscure that you can barely find any information on it, only a terrible terrible German TV trailer and the ROM on some sites.

It's an action game with a lovable but kinda unsettling psychedelic beatbox soundtrack, built around you playing this little round ball guy with extendable arms. You "drag" out the arms from his body in order to grab onto anchors, and that's how you move; anchor to anchor to anchor, letting go of and grabbing them in order to move from A to B. You can also slingshot, which you need for combat, use items, and need to watch walls and obstacles and solve puzzles to continue. Later on, there's also gesture-based magic.

It's extremely charming in my opinion but nobody has ever heard of it. I even tried contacting one of the devs but they're so unknown I didn't find anything about them.

Watched a gameplay video of it, I will try to get it running on Steam Deck to try it out! The Nintendo DS has a lot of cult classics on it.  :4u:

my answer is definitely the visual novel aurora memoria, made by dv-i, my favorite artist. it’s basically if a playstation 1 was hallucinating what the future would look like in 100 years, with a fittingly wild visual style and soundtrack.

Oooh, going to try this one out when I get home from my job interview! I adore this sort of aesthetic.  !<o
manpaint

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2022, 03:57:53 pm »

A very good but almost unknown game is Aedemphia.

It's a indie RPG that has been worked on for 7+ years. Sadly it dosen't have an english translation yet.

dantescanline

give em hell!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 06:02:18 pm »

Got a short list here, a mix of channels/videos I find neat.  :4u:

some cool stuff in here!!

sig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2022, 09:26:26 pm »

It's a indie RPG that has been worked on for 7+ years. Sadly it dosen't have an english translation yet.

It's a shame it doesn't have an English translation yet, it looks really interesting! Might just end up playing it, without a clue on what's going on  :dive:
abacus

uifi_osos_wizard

Discord: @Oncogenesis#5823

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2022, 07:29:18 am »

BLACK SHEEP BOY is a surreal pixel-style animation by James Molle. I love the dream-like world and its eery melancholy vibe of being lost in life. It's like a fever dream you wake up to but barely remember anything from it. Kind of like the passing of time..? O_o

I'll post more stuff if I find anything worthy!

excelsior! ╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
manpaint

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2022, 03:53:05 pm »

It's a shame it doesn't have an English translation yet, it looks really interesting! Might just end up playing it, without a clue on what's going on  :dive:

Not very suprising since the game as 69685 dialogues as the writing of this.

But perphaps one day it will be translated by someone.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines RSS | WAP2 | BBCode Help

Melon Sites!
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Visit the Gif Gallery! Support the Forum
Friend Communites!