Interests Zone > ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

School and dreams

(1/4) > >>

ArtisTheFox:
Hello all.

Our time in school and especially high school has a big impact on pervasive memories and annoying dreams. We've all heard of the "late for your exam" nightmare. But what are some of your reoccuring dreams concerning school and teachers? A few themes that I dream about nearly weekly are:

- roaming around a school that's a maze with missing floors and endless hallways. :omg:
- my high school teachers keeping me inside a building against my will, and me trying to escape, always getting caught then running again, getting caught and running, caught and running... :ohdear:
- my primary school building and playground randomly playing a role in otherwise non-related dreams. :smile:
- prolonged meetings with a former teacher in a private setting. :blush:

How about you folk?

DJoftheCoven:

When I was younger, I was on my high school's wrestling team. The practices ended pretty late, which meant that it was incredibly dark and cold by the time I got out of the dojo in winter--although, I didn't live in a place that snowed. Rather than ice, winter meant long nights of pouring rain. The rain was gorgeous to see but very unpleasant to stand in without umbrellas and proper boots.

I dream often about standing out in the rain after dark, waiting for my mom to pick me up by the school gym.

Guest:

Only thing I can think of is those dreams I get now from time to time about being back in school again. Frankly, for me that alone is enough to be a nightmare.

Melooon:
I don't tend to dream about school that often (I dream about the house I grew up in a LOT though). That said Iv definitely had that maze dream in the school halls; our school was a cheap "temporary" building from the 70s that had very distinctive halls with a weird metal roof.

ArtisTheFox:

--- Quote from: Melooon on June 10, 2022 @479.06 ---I don't tend to dream about school that often (I dream about the house I grew up in a LOT though). That said Iv definitely had that maze dream in the school halls; our school was a cheap "temporary" building from the 70s that had very distinctive halls with a weird metal roof.

--- End quote ---
Is that your school? My old school had (it's been removed now. So much has changed in my old school as it doubled in size) a pretty cheap hallway built on the side of the 19th/early 20th century main building. It doubled as gym changing room for the boys, too. And it had almost exactly this roof/ceiling!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version