Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @425.28 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 53/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hello, Ghastly Here

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello, Ghastly Here  (Read 1040 times)
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: June 13, 2022 @897.88 »

Hello, even thought I´ve made an acount here a while ago, this is my introduction.

I´m usually known in online circles as Ghaslty .  Pronouns are he/they

I´m from Portugal, a total 90s kid (but only first got on the internet in 2000)
I´ve always wanted to try and have a site on my own, but felt intimidated too :sad: so imagine the irony of me finally get the courage to make one in a era where GeoCities is dead and everyone is on social media. But hey, better late than ever.

But lately I´ve been feeling a bit of frustration with the online world today. It´s not just the lack of privacy, but how it was built to profit over vitriol. Even fandoms spaces!
Lately it´s getting worse where someone will send you death threats because they don´t approve your ship for "moral reasons", as if the flamers from 2000s weren´t bad enough, but at least you knew it was for petty reasons back then.

So I decided to take a break and actually build a space just from me without the drama.
Which is why I created creaturefeature
I think it´s supposed to be a love letter to my favorite movie monsters, weird animals and whatever else caught my interest.
And I´ve been having fun making it.

so, thanks for having me  :grin:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022 @537.92 by Melooon » Logged

ArtisTheFox
Casual Poster

Hi! I'm Artis, a dark soul with a kind heart

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022 @513.60 »

Hello, even thought I´ve made an acount here a while ago, this is my introduction.

I´m usually known in online circles as Ghaslty .  Pronouns are he/they

I´m from Portugal, a total 90s kid (but only first got on the internet in 2000)
I´ve always wanted to try and have a site on my own, but felt intimidated too :sad: so imagine the irony of me finally get the courage to make one in a era where GeoCities is dead and everyone is on social media. But hey, better late than ever.

But lately I´ve been feeling a bit of frustration with the online world today. It´s not just the lack of privacy, but how it was built to profit over vitriol. Even fandoms spaces!
Lately it´s getting worse where someone will send you death threats because they don´t approve your ship for "moral reasons", as if the flamers from 2000s weren´t bad enough, but at least you knew it was for petty reasons back then.

So I decided to take a break and actually build a space just from me without the drama.
Which is why I created creaturefeature
I think it´s supposed to be a love letter to my favorite movie monsters, weird animals and whatever else caught my interest.
And I´ve been having fun making it.

so, thanks for having me  :grin:

Hey Ghastly, I checked out your website and I love it. It's cute with a creepy edge. Adore the virtual creatures section. Great job!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022 @543.39 »

Hi, belated welcome to the forum :cheesy: I modded your post to fix the link! This is a cool site, I like how the different sections have different designs, it bright but readable, I think you can go a long way with this site!

Also I signed the guestbook! (The back to your website link is broken there too, you gotta remove the www.) :wink:

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022 @721.52 »

Hey Ghastly, I checked out your website and I love it. It's cute with a creepy edge. Adore the virtual creatures section. Great job!

Thanks! Cute with a creepy edge? That is an interesting way to describe it I like it. i wasn´t sure what theme to go for.
also I used to be big on collecting pixelated pets, back when I was still using forums heavily. So I decided to brush my old accounts and put them on page dedicated to them.

creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2022 @722.62 »

Hi, belated welcome to the forum :cheesy: I modded your post to fix the link! This is a cool site, I like how the different sections have different designs, it bright but readable, I think you can go a long way with this site!

Also I signed the guestbook! (The back to your website link is broken there too, you gotta remove the www.) :wink:

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

ohh, yeah I didn´t even noticed that! i will try to fix it thank, you.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi