Interests Zone > ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Zines and Zine Making!

(1/5) > >>

Melooon:
Zines!

Last week I made a one page mini zine full of random things that Iv never put online. It was super fun to make and Im enjoying the weird mix of digital and non digital that a printed zine has. I actualy made a few prints of it myself and gave them to my favourite family members at an event over the weekend and its really nice to have something physical to give people as a gift.

ANYWAY, long story short, Its something Id like to do more of in the future, and maybe some of you enjoy it tooooo!
Are there any zines you have collected? Do you make them? Do you like printed or digital ones more? Talk about zines!

P.S. This was the guide I followed for a single page zine. I guess there are also other guides too for bigger zines! If you want to grab a copy of the zine I did, it'll be on sale at the Glasgow Zine Fest (and here) Thanks to Emreed who is super cool for handlinging printing and running the stand n everything :dl:

cinni:
zineeeeessss!! there was actually a zine fair i planned to go to yesterday, but i slept in and by the time i wouldve made it there it wouldve been over >_>

congrats on getting your zine displayed at the glasgow fest!! hope it is a great success! I also haven't heard of plaintext distro so im looking forward to browsing thru the catalogue :omg:

last year (i think) i made a zine as part of a compilation with a few other artists, on the topic of video games! it's out of stock now but here is the product page. i still have a stack of just my own copy that is chilling in a corner. :p it was my first time working with risographs and i would love to make more in the future!! i had an idea to make a zine from my collection of old web graphics somedaaaayy

i also have a bit of a zine collection! one day i'll make a list, but most recently i got some from https://nicholeshinn.com/ !

Melooon:
Txtbooks is a soooooper cool site and all their zines are works of art (They are actually a lil intimidating..). Next time Im going to NY I need to remember to order a bunch so I can pick them up!

--- Quote ---last year (i think)
--- End quote ---
The one with the 3d world? Thats February 2021.. ooph.. it feels like 10 years ago :ohdear:

xX_irkeneonz_Xx:
Saving those lol

I've been tempted to try to make a Zine for awhile but it probably wouldn't be something to sell, and would probably be along the lines of a digital zine or something like that.

Cele:
We're making a zine in a Discord group but honestly none of us have ever done such a thing as far as I know so I have no idea how it will turn out. Not only with the page setting. I'll have to email local companies for quotas and the process is all very unknown to me at this state. I thought digital version for free and printed with the price of printing + shipping is probably the most reasonable way to go.

Personally I only have 1 zine and it's digital. Every time I've watched the process of making one from the sidelines, it has turned into a mess with organizers giving up or someone running with the money. But those are group projects of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version