Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @560.56 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Looking for something (Website Malls and Shopping)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looking for something (Website Malls and Shopping)  (Read 1048 times)
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« on: October 13, 2022 @133.48 »

I'll admit, in a sphere of the internet that is very against big companies and capitalising everything, I'm a sucker for a good mall. The only issue is, they are a dying breed, gone are the days of walking around my local mall, 20 dollars in my pocket ready to explore until it closed. Does anyone know of any websites or webrings that feel like a late 90's to early 2000's mall? I know it's an odd request but I'm sure it exists
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022 @787.34 by Melooon » Logged

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022 @488.07 »

I dont have an answer for you, but I totally get the vibe you mean and I think its a really fascinating idea for a webring. For me Iv never been against people selling things on their sites, so long as it doesn't spoil the spirit and fun of the site (not to toot my own horn :tongue: but as far as I know my gift shop is one of the few places that plays with that idea, Iv never seen anyone copy it).

Id love to see a ring of sites that sell weird stuff and gives that feeling of an Aladdin's cave of unexpected treasures at fair prices. Its the biggest reason I go to Amazon most of the time, it's for that feeling of exploring a shop even if you're not buying.

~~ Edited the title to add a description!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022 @787.65 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022 @812.27 »

Do you have something similar to ebay-kleinanzeigen.de in your country? Private people selling used goods to other private people. Looks of stuff to browse through.

Online marketplaces definetly need a libre alternative. It's too much cooperate control, ads infested and most marketplaces try to make money out of the users. All of a sudden fees come out of nowhere.

Example for a private flea market on a website:
https://www.atari-frosch.de/flohmarkt/verkauf.html

My version of a digital scrap yard [Edit: Link inactive, but screenshot of it in the attachments]. If you're paying the shipping costs, I'll send you my working scrap!

Of course these attemps aren't as powerful as a centralised website with 10000 users. But better than nothing!

* scrapyard.gif (194.25 kB, 1024x1133 - viewed 11 times.)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023 @350.30 by Gans » Logged
graveyardsoup
Casual Poster ⚓︎

the net is vast and infinite

iMood: graveyardsoup

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022 @103.54 »

It's funny you say this because I was just out today and saw a flyer for a site called vivinavi that has a little bit of that. It's a Japanese site but has local pages for a lot of areas around the world that have things like local news and even classified ads like these. I haven't looked at it too much but I did glance through the classfieds for my area which was fun.

My version of a digitalscrap yard. If you're paying the shipping costs, I'll send you my working scrap!

I also wanted to say I love this idea but I especially love the vulture artwork at the top.

~Melon: edited quote to remove an old link at Gan’s request ^^
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023 @381.67 by Melooon » Logged

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2022 @848.54 »

Loving all these sites! Super weird "nostalgia" feeling almost, also a weirdly comforting homemade quality to it all. I may just spend hours browsing items once again!!!!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

manpaint
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022 @655.21 »

Not exactly what you are looking for but this website might interest you: http://www.com-www.com/vmall/vmall-elevator.html

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 247
Views: 21125
Last post April 23, 2024 @951.50
by DiffydaDude
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 5468
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3368
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi