Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @3.65 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Graffiti Kingdom!!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Graffiti Kingdom!!  (Read 355 times)
giantspacemonster

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« on: March 20, 2024 @84.90 »

i wanted to show off this game i played when i was younger, and still do sometimes.
graffiti kingdom is a ps2 game that's a sequel to another ps2 game called magic pengel. magic pengel is a sort of "rock paper scissors" rpg game, and graffiti kingdom is an action rpg, but they both have this unique mechanic that i just love so much and i wish it was in other games, heck even software.

Spoiler
what is this mechanic? i'll show you in screenshots from my emulator!

so in this game, you draw different parts in 2d...

and they become 3d!! you could make lots of different characters with this mechanic.

for example i made one of my ocs, Sunnie!

an in game you can play as them, seen here in the attack giver place thingamajig, where you can choose from set attacks and standing/walking/etc animations, the game just calculates how a part would move based on the function you give it.
[close]

otherwise it's a pretty ok game, i'm just really excited over that one thing.
i've seen videos where people have made truly great characters using this game, has anyone else heard of this game?

:4u:
rhenn
Casual Poster ⚓︎

StatusCafe: rhenn

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024 @108.51 »

This looks so cool! I've seen a number of implementations of this kind of thing in 2D, but it's neat to see it in 3D. I've never seen this game before, but the only console we had was an xbox360 so makes sense, I guess?

I recently got my hands on a ps2; might see if I can find a copy of this anywhere.

Nikodile
Casual Poster ⚓︎

loosey goosey

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024 @813.28 »

WOW! Another fellow Magic Pengel series lover.

Magic Pengel is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, I think Graffiti Kingdom was also really good but I didn't play it as much as Pengel. I love going back and replaying both from time to time.

Have you played LostMagic on DS? It was also part of the same universe, I would like to play it one day.

giantspacemonster

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024 @122.26 »

WOW! Another fellow Magic Pengel series lover.

Magic Pengel is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, I think Graffiti Kingdom was also really good but I didn't play it as much as Pengel. I love going back and replaying both from time to time.

Have you played LostMagic on DS? It was also part of the same universe, I would like to play it one day.

i haven't played that game, but if it's in the same universe then that's interesting.
i'm glad to see other people interested in this series though!

i wonder if there's 3d making software that can do similar to what i'm wanting like in magic pengel and graffiti kingdom, that would be cool.
only software i know about that's close would be microsoft's paint 3d, with making 3d shapes.

:4u:
Nikodile
Casual Poster ⚓︎

loosey goosey

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024 @614.05 »

The story was really fun in Magic Pengel, it's about a villain trying to steal all the world's colors. The art style is great, the NPCs are wonderful, music is fantastic too, I totally recommend it if you like turn-based RPGs. I think the turn-based part of it was better than Graffiti Kingdom's action-y gameplay (but I also love turn-based).

They did have a sequel on phones called Rakugaki Kingdom, but the service ended a couple years back :drat:

Really a shame...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi