Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 17, 2024 - @980.46 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 57/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Kenshi!!!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kenshi!!!  (Read 241 times)
nemmoue
Casual Poster ⚓︎

yeehaw

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: February 07, 2024 @141.74 »

Is anyone here in-to this game? I just bought it the other day because it was on sale on steam.. I haven't bought a video game in years, but I have wanted to try this one for a while.  I gave it a shot in 2018 or 2019 when it had just full-released, but I wasn't at the point where I was in-to this kind of sandbox rpg.. now, it's just overwhelmingly awesome!

i'm only about seven or eight hours in.. i've been following a simple guide on how to get going, my guys are in the black desert city right now sheltering from the acid rain.. my next goal is to get back to the hub and join the thieves guild.  i'll post a screenshot of my squad next time i get on my PC!   :evil:

all discussion welcome!! i know there's a big modding scene and kenshi 2 is in development, so maybe those are some things to talk about.  no big spoilers though please, for people like me who are newer to the game! :dog:
xXWebMasterXx_Gina
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I wonder whats for DINNER

View Profile WWW

Tin WhistleJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024 @220.08 »

I love Kenshi!  :4u:  I've been following the game since it was first released as an "Alpha Funding" title on Desura in 2011. Though, I only got my hands on a copy when it came over to Steam in 2013. Attached is the only screenshot I have preserved from then. The aftermath of a tough battle where no one was left behind!

I really just love how open ended the game is, there are no goals but the ones you make for yourself! Since the world is dynamic and NPCs just kind of do their own thing, there's a lot of room for emergent gameplay and storytelling. Everyone who plays is going to have a unique experience and story to tell!

Two stories I can remember off the top of my head are when:

-I had a solo stealth focused character get captured by the holy empire; but I used my lockpicking and sneak skills to stage a breakout at night. I returned to my base with a squad of recruited prisoners ready to train and exact their vengeance on the empire!

-I had a few characters loose their legs in a single battle; having to send two of my best across the lands to find anyone who could sell us prosthetics, all while the remaining survivors guarded the injured at our base.

Oh also, to quickly touch on modding; I would recommend installing the "256 Recruitment Limit" mod from the Steam workshop. You likely won't need 256  :ohdear:  but it's always nice to have a little wiggle room as you can reach the default maximum of 30 pretty quickly depending on your playstyle.

* kenshi.jpg (60.45 kB, 1024x676 - viewed 15 times.)
Fish
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of the most ok cuppa joe

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024 @222.22 »

Aah, Kenshi  :chef:

Haven't played in a bit but its super fun!

My favorite save is my team made of these two girls who just made a lot of money stealing things. One girl would sneak into buildings and the other girl was strong so she would carry all the stuff to sell later. I like think they were gfs starting a crime empire. True romance! 

I also had another save that was just this gang running around the swamps and mugging people.

Maybe one day I'll play a save with nicer characters lol  :grin:

Is it even possible to play as a pacifist in this game??

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi