Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @827.70 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 43/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  pleaaase talk to me about Phil Ochs

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: pleaaase talk to me about Phil Ochs  (Read 395 times)
glitterpigeon
Casual Poster

it/ae

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: September 19, 2023 @366.86 »

i received a visit from the autism fairy about this man a few weeks ago. i've been into him for a while but only passively. now its the only music my brian lets me listen to. i only know like 2 people in real life who kinda know anything about him, and it seems like 1 of those people does not like him   :sad: and it's great infodumping about him. but im exploding. do any of you guys like him? favourite album? song? any thoughts you have? want to hear my poorly-articulated thoughts on the thresher and why it's one of my favourite songs of his??? don't know about him but interested?? talk to me please...

pigeons will save the world!!!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023 @460.61 »

Ohhhh! I clicked on this wondering who Phil Ochs is; but I totally know some of his songs!

I was VERY into When Im Gone a while ago!

What are your favourite songs?

Also if you're into 60s folk you might enjoy the Rainbow Quest show - I don't think Ochs was ever on it; but its got a lot of similar vibes!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
glitterpigeon
Casual Poster

it/ae

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023 @309.33 »

Ohhhh! I clicked on this wondering who Phil Ochs is; but I totally know some of his songs!

I was VERY into When Im Gone a while ago!

What are your favourite songs?

Also if you're into 60s folk you might enjoy the Rainbow Quest show - I don't think Ochs was ever on it; but its got a lot of similar vibes!

i made a little animatic for when i'm gone!!

https://www.tumblr.com/fasciation-fascination/727890928393666560/i-tried-to-make-a-little-animatic-thing?source=share

here!! i also drew pleasures of the harbor with pigeons, if you look at the phil ochs tag on my blog :>

I am awful at picking favourites. I cycle through songs of his. I'm quite fascinated by bach, beethoven, mozart, and me right now. I also really like when I'm gone. and the thresher, of course, and i am really fond of the ballad of william worthy, and I was quite into the flower lady for a bit. i should learn to play it, i think, and my favourite album of his is rehearsals for retirement, it is very very very hard for me to choose, i could keep going.

pigeons will save the world!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Let's talk about FORUMS!

Started by wrinkledlionBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 34
Views: 3265
Last post November 11, 2023 @821.39
by creaturefeature
Olia Lialina talk (One Terabyte of a Kilobyte Age) - this thursday 16th

Started by MelooonBoard ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings

Replies: 8
Views: 763
Last post February 17, 2023 @951.52
by Melooon
Design philosophies - escape rooms and hatch rooms

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 5
Views: 662
Last post April 14, 2024 @958.66
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi