Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @472.67 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 35/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Home Arcades

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Home Arcades  (Read 808 times)
« on: July 14, 2022 @160.09 »

Does anyone here have a home arcade?

I don't have much, and no fancy setup to show off, but I do have an AtGames Legends Ultimate arcade cabinet that I've added a few dozen ROMs to, the Arcade1Up Marvel pinball table, a STIGA table hockey game and one of those basketball shootout games.

I considered getting an Arcade1Up arcade cabinet and modding it to play more games instead of the Legends Ultimate because of the price difference and I like how they replicate the look of actual classic cabinets. But the Legends Ultimate can add your own ROMs out of the box with a USB stick and neither has great support for SNES games due to being one button short. Also, after trying an Arcade1Up demo unit in a store I realized how tiny they actually are. Their pinball tables are 3/4 scale, but still a decent size and come with about a dozen of the Zen pinball tables which I think are generally pretty great.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022 @163.41 by MamboGator » Logged
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022 @364.46 »

Oh my goodness, now doesnt that sound fun?! A home arcade was a possibility Id considered quite frequently last year as I find arcade cabinets very fun (and nostalgic) to use, but felt that I would need to dedicate at least half of a room to that. In the grand scheme of things, if Im required to do so then the house would be too big for me! There comes a point in the linear scale of 'Too small' and 'Too big' where general maintenance becomes more of a chore than an end-of-the-week timekiller.

What kind of games do you have added to your arcade cabinet and how easy would you say it was to assemble and set up? I'm very interested in learning more about it!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022 @942.63 »

What kind of games do you have added to your arcade cabinet and how easy would you say it was to assemble and set up? I'm very interested in learning more about it!
I loaded all of the Sega Genesis (+CD), Game Gear, SNES and GBA games I've ever played, as well as a few arcade games. It doesn't handle anything with 3D graphics very well, though, so no Saturn/PS1-era games. SNES works well enough as long as the game doesn't use the Select button for anything critical, but even with a USB gamepad there's no way to map all of the buttons.

The physical setup of the cabinet was pretty easy, and loading your own games is done through the AddOn Tool on your PC to package the ISOs and ROMs on a USB stick. It's pretty user-friendly.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

/home/user/'s Obscure Song of the Day

Started by GuestBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 7
Views: 1108
Last post March 23, 2023 @493.16
by Guest
What are your homepage must haves?

Started by dotmidiBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 7
Views: 942
Last post January 23, 2023 @995.29
by princemaggots
I made my new homepage with inspiration from the UI of old DS pokemon games

Started by angel-valBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 3
Views: 474
Last post January 25, 2023 @775.13
by Onio

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi