Home Help Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2022, 02:25:50 am
Forum activity rating: One Star Posts: 7/24hrs Show Unread Posts | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Recent Posts
News: You can now add PicMix profiles!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  General Interests
| | |-+  Alternative transport and electric vehicles
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Alternative transport and electric vehicles  (Read 90 times)
Melooon
Administrator

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2022, 07:57:05 pm »

So these videos pop up on my youtube feed every now and then and Im always fascinated by them.. partly I suppose because I cant drive and I can hardly ride a bike (balance issues) but also because I really don't like cars. I don't like the noise they make or the pollution they generate, or the health impact they have on people who end up driving all the time!

There has to be a better way/ways!

Arcimoto make sort of ev-bike 3 weelers they make SUCH A COOL SOUND, they look really safe and fun.. although not great for Irish weather.. Id love to try one though!

Aptera also make sort of sci-fi 3 weelers, although they are more car-ish.. I find these a little less convincing but they look like cheesy 90s movie props which I love.

A totally great all solar van made by some dude from Australia/NZ?.. its really slow and silly, but It kinda makes you re-think travel.. its like land sailing? That makes we want to make a game about land sailing!

Those are some of my favourites; is anyone else interested in this subject, do you do/think about alternative forms of transport?

Swiftpaw

it/its

Discord: Swiftpaw#3886

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 07:50:54 pm »

I ride an Ebike and it's far more fun to me than a car ever was. It's all the benefits of a bike with being smaller, able to take more shortcuts, and being able to stop wherever, but with the ability to go much further without much effort. There's no need for gas or insurance either. There's a lot of neat router where I am that I never realized until I got my bike. E-bikes are also better if you have poor balance in my opinion because you can get going faster, and my dad has a mountain e-bike that has large wheels and is very easy to balance on.

I'm not as familiar with electric cars but on the trail I regularly go down I've seen some people with what look like homemade three-wheelers. I'd like to talk about them if we're ever going in the same direction, but so far I haven't gotten that lucky. I sometimes seem e-bikes on the road but my anxiety with driving a car was all the deadly machines on all sides of me and the fact that I too was piloting something that could kill someone. It was all around terrifying to me when I had to take a bike haha

Pepyogurt

Käse, käse, wo ist die käse?

StatusCafe: pepyo
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 08:14:48 pm »

As an American, I am a heavy advocate for any form of transportation that isn't cars. So much of our space is dedicated to cars, whether it be ever-expanding roads or parking lots, and because of that it makes it very hard (even dangerous) to be without one. I can understand the appeal of cars, as they're kinda like private jets except for the ground, but I feel people commonly use cars for niches that buses and trains could fill in just because having a car is the 'norm'.

There is some obvious environmental benefits of switching cars for public transportation, but some economical benefits are present too. Because so much space is dedicated to cars, not having one often shuts you out from things, but getting a car is expensive too.

Aside from public transportation, the Acrimoto seems super cool! If it hasn't already, I really hope this product gets off the ground and becomes a real thing. My views on it may shift depending on how much it costs... but I feel like this kind of vehicle would be perfect for someone like me. Cars are very powerful, for sure, but I don't need that much utility when the only person I'm gonna be transporting is myself.

tarocchilla

Discord: tarocchilla#7421

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 09:34:01 pm »

There are similar electric cars going around in my country- but i am not sure how they are called!
Anyways i think that some reaserch should defenetly get better in understanding how to dispose of lithium batteries, but i also hope more ecofriendly car start taking over.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines RSS | WAP2 | BBCode Help

Melon Sites!
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Visit the Gif Gallery! Support the Forum
Friend Communites!