Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 18, 2024 - @719.56 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 58/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Things that bring meaning to your life?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Things that bring meaning to your life?  (Read 1232 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: July 25, 2022 @809.94 »

This is a simple topic to appreciate things that make it worth being on this planet, big and small. Sometimes there a bad days, or bad months OR bad years.. but there's always something worth hanging on for. What brings meaning to your life? :ha:

For me a few things are:
  • Making things - Art, websites, bits of code, as long as I have something to make!
  • Cooking - Cooking is fun and eating really good food is always worth living for.
  • Walking and seeing places - I cant think of a time Iv ever been unhappy on a hike!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
wris
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Safe when used as directed.

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022 @862.66 »

Everything on this list!

Walking and seeing places - I cant think of a time Iv ever been unhappy on a hike!

What's the best place you've ever hiked? There are some lovely places near(ish) me. I think Cannock Chase is the most well known, but it's still pretty close to civilisation. :notgood:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022 @867.12 by wris » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022 @919.72 »

What's the best place you've ever hiked?
Oo thats a hard question; I think Yosemite might have been the best overall hike, its got EVERYTHING. In terms of more local places I really like The Burren National Park.. but like most places in Ireland (and the UK) its just a bit small; Sheep's Head was one I did recently which was great too! I like the feeling of walking along a ridge or plateau in the sky.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022 @478.63 »

I am melonking all over the place currently which gives me meaning. :tongue:
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2022 @961.96 »

For this, I have two answers:

- Art and fiction! I believe that the stories we tell each other are what keep up going in life and find emotional catharsis. I've struggled with loneliness throughout most of my life, but my favorite pieces of media have always given me something to relate to and see myself in. It's a major reason as to why I became a screenwriter. I want to make something that'll help others feel seen the same way my favorite stories have.

- My boyfriend! We're long-distance and he currently lives in America, but he showed up in my life just when I needed him. He's the most kind, affectionate, and gentle person I've ever met and he can't get enough of me (for some reason). For years, he's been listening to me whenever I need him and convincing me that I'm a better person than I've been led to believe. I honestly owe my life to him.

tarocchilla
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2022 @968.96 »

For me a few things are:
  • Making things - Art, websites, bits of code, as long as I have something to make!
  • Cooking - Cooking is fun and eating really good food is always worth living for.
  • Walking and seeing places - I cant think of a time Iv ever been unhappy on a hike!

I feel like these things bring me joy too, but i must add...

• My friends: they just make the world better
  • Cats: i love them okay:dunno: like if you ever had a cat this is self explanatory
  • Appreciating the small beautiful thing in life...taking your time to appreciate a bug, or a cool building on your way home, or a kind stranger that helps you bring a heavy grocery bag...makes my day brighter and living easier, i think people should learn how to appreciate little details more, because they make life so interesting! :loved:
gamemaster98
Casual Poster

Feel free to talk to me xD

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2022 @479.35 »

This is a simple topic to appreciate things that make it worth being on this planet, big and small. Sometimes there a bad days, or bad months OR bad years.. but there's always something worth hanging on for. What brings meaning to your life? :ha:

For me a few things are:

In my case, the following are the main things that make me feel happy and that life is worth living:
  • Sports - Running, exercising, swimming etc. make me feel more inlined with nature. These activities make me forget about
         all the modern problems a human may encounter in these contemporary times
  • Friendships - Having someone to talk to and with whom you feel connected feels great. We don't even have to talk daily, updating
           each other once a week with what we have been up to is more than enough for me since I do not have friends that could
           be called "regulars" in my life.
  • Coding - I have recently started my coding journey and although I'm not that great at it I'm doing my best to improve every day.
           The feeling of creating something by writing on the computer is incomparable.:ha:

« Last Edit: December 08, 2022 @483.61 by gamemaster98 » Logged

You can reach me on MSN: gamemaster98@escargot.chat
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2022 @596.48 »

Some things that bring me to life are
  • Baking - very yummy! not a good chef but I am a GREAT baker (mainly cause u cant rlly mess up baking ahah :omg:k:smile:
  • Music - All kindsa genres! Punk, New-Wave, and Post Punk are my faves though i am really into goth and punk historyy
  • Fashion - i LOVE to dress up :4u: probably my favorite way to express myself, always puts me in a good mood hehe

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Frost Sheridan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Dragon of the Digital Plane

StatusCafe: frostsheridan
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2022 @652.51 »

this is a great question! there are a few things in particular that bring meaning to my life:

• my inflatable dragons! i've always felt like my life's meaning is to provide a good home for inflatables and pool toys, especially dragons. they provide great companionship and are genuinely some of my best friends. (here's a list of all my dragons!)
  • keeping old technology alive and in use. despite what the tech industry wants you to believe, older computers, PDAs, game consoles, media players/formats, etc. can still be just as useful and fun as when they were new, so i make it a point to continue to use and maintain them whenever possible.
  • making stuff! a couple other people in this thread have expressed this as well. the feeling of turning thoughts into reality by creating new artwork, programs, websites, etc. is unmatched by anything else.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022 @667.23 by Frost Sheridan » Logged

[ [ where delusions dwell . . . ] ]

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2022 @992.09 »

Just a quick list
 -Nujabes
 -History
 -Coding
 -Video games
 -Cel shading
 -Old ads
 -The old pepsi cans that are sometimes in 80s movies
 -Snow
 -This forum
 -Music
 -my pillow

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2022 @192.31 »

Imagination - when real life gets lame, it's nice to be able to retreat to a place where you have complete control. I'm a huge introvert who would rather be alone most of the time, so it's important to be able to keep good company with myself instead of always dwelling on what's going on outside.

Animation and Puppets - this is possibly a weird one, but I'm really passionate about traditional, hand drawn and stop motion animation (and even CG animation that emulates the look of those styles), and Jim Henson or Stan Winston style puppetry and practical effects. Every time I see a new film made like that, it makes me feel a little better inside.
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2022 @650.91 »

Here are some things that give meaning to my life:

• Old Tech - I love old tech in almost every form, and want to keep them preserved and working. I want to bring home broken VCRs, Laserdiscs, etc., and get them repaired. I want this stuff to last as long as humanly possible, and if I had the money, make more of them and keep the dream alive.
  • Languages - I am largely passionate about the Scots and Gaelic languages, and like Old Tech, want them kept alive and thriving. I'm also learning Italian and Neapolitan, and want to learn so many more. I have so much fun immersing myself in other languages and their communities online.
  • Film and Video games - I love immersing myself in a good film or game, and forget about the real world for a bit. I also make my own games, which can be stressful, but rewarding at the end when I see people enjoy what I make, you know?
  • Programming/Writing - Generally just enjoy making stuff, feels like I'm doing something productive with life. (Which I guess is internalised Capitalism, but we probably shouldn't get into that)

keeping old technology alive and in use. despite what the tech industry wants you to believe, older computers, PDAs, game consoles, media players/formats, etc. can still be just as useful and fun as when they were new, so i make it a point to continue to use and maintain them whenever possible.

Right? I got my Windows 98 laptop connected to the internet, and sometimes visit this forum with it. Not to mention old tech is the best way to experience old media.

making stuff! a couple other people have expressed this here as well, and i totally agree with them. the feeling of turning thoughts into reality by creating new artwork, programs, websites, etc. is unmatched by anything else.

I know exactly what you mean! I also love working with other people. I like to participate in game jams and art trade events. They're perfect for experimenting with new stuff, learning new skills or generally improving your craft.

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2022 @441.69 »

I've definitely been in a bad year recently... But I've thought it's stories. The ability to experience so many wonderful tales, ancient and new. I also love hoarding information of the most random stuff :happy:

(Since somebody mentioned hiking,) I live in a region with many hills since it was a mountain range millions of years ago (see, a random fact). This year I decided I want climb to the peak of as many of them as I can. I climbed Vuokatinvaara last autumn. Now I just need to wait for the snow to melt (the paths could be slippery). The scenery is breathtaking even though they're not mountains.

But family and friends are the most important aren't they. Couldn't survive without them.
tokoissick

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2023 @567.69 »

TINY JARS!!!
let me show you!

silly but i have just started collecting them! and its so much fun
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Things you've overheard?

Started by DoctorScreechBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 10
Views: 1763
Last post March 19, 2024 @764.99
by starbreaker
Tiny things, a topic for tiny things

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 18
Views: 3605
Last post August 23, 2023 @886.10
by 4ivilo
Weird/peculiar things you do when drawing

Started by DarmodejBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 15
Views: 2357
Last post September 09, 2023 @764.76
by bingus_baby

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi