Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @699.80 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 42/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  My new side project: status.cafe

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: My new side project: status.cafe  (Read 4775 times)
Obspogon
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Hi

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: obspogon
iMood: Obspogon
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2021 @58.44 »

Interesting how this was technically how Twitter was meant to be used, but I never used Twitter like that. I think it's because this can basically act as a billboard on my site, so it's easier for me to conceptualize this as a status updater than Twitter.

----------------------
https://obspogon.neocities.org/
----------------------

cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2021 @238.83 »

Interesting how this was technically how Twitter was meant to be used, but I never used Twitter like that. I think it's because this can basically act as a billboard on my site, so it's easier for me to conceptualize this as a status updater than Twitter.

yes good point! i like that i can embed it & customize it! i was just thinking how i wanted to expand on the "site stats" section of my site so this was the perfect thing haha. i also never cared for twitter, used it once in like 2011 and left forever

m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: m15o

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2021 @429.86 »

It's fascinating to see how ideas evolve. I went to the Internet Archive to check the twitter in the early days and you're right, it looked really similar! It somehow evolved from a place to update status to a full-fledged social network.

m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2021 @732.01 »

Finally finished a little update I meant to do for a while. It's now possible to get a badge (80x15) that display your latest emoji. It auto updates when it's changed. I struggled a little to get it to work. I had to import a set of emoji images and manipulate images on the backend. But I'm rather satisfied with what it looks like :happy: I've the badge to my signature. Hope it's useful to some of you!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021 @847.72 by m15o » Logged

Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2021 @828.66 »

This is an incredibly nifty update! I can only imagine the wrangling it took to get it working properly, but the end result looks awesome.

Status Cafe Profile
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2021 @97.29 »

Minus a few broken emoji, it works really well on my first gen iPad :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2021 @347.23 »

wooow love that you have a first gen iPad! Yeaaa it seems like single character emojis work while two character ones don't. :ozwomp:

xandra
Full Member ⚓︎

i want to be with you everywhere

StatusCafe: xandra
iMood: xandra0

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Spring :^}OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2022 @235.36 »

Another excellent project m15o!

Things I love:
  • The level of customization possible.
  • Ease of registration (this can't be stated enough)
  • Subscriptions via atom vs a follow system.
  • Status widget!
  • The very clean user experience. No bloat!

Which I realize is basically every single feature of this project LOL, but I'm really liking what I am seeing so far. Looking forward to using it and seeing how others utilize it as well.

Thanks for sharing this!

Melon you have sown some seeds of chaos and/or turned into a new web cryptid... that one user who wrote "I did not visit Melon's profile! I don't even know who he/she/it is ..." lmao...

your layout is so awesome!!! :O i didn't realize we could do all that! i have work to do @_@ <3
Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2022 @823.32 »

your layout is so awesome!!! :O i didn't realize we could do all that! i have work to do @_@ <3

*_* Thanks xandra! I had a lot of fun tinkering with it. I have to say I did not realize how much I missed customizing layouts until the canvas presented itself (thanks again, m15o :grin:smile:

And very much agreed, it's incredible seeing the different ways people can spruce up their profiles with their personal touch. If you've got time to tinker with it, I look forward to seeing what you do with yours!

Status Cafe Profile
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2022 @838.01 »

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 1860
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon
What does a successful project mean to you?

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 7
Views: 2371
Last post December 13, 2021 @810.09
by Cobra!
Project: Kits

Started by ObspogonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 7
Views: 1910
Last post January 14, 2022 @865.29
by Obspogon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi