Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @61.82 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  Help: how to change which html file appears as my thumbnail on neocities

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help: how to change which html file appears as my thumbnail on neocities  (Read 922 times)
DJoftheCoven
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Eng. Esp. Fra. 한

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: August 09, 2022 @891.45 »

After months of work, I've finally come up with a baseline version of my website that I'm happy with--unfortunately, it seems I'm still stuck having my original index page be the poster for my site, even though I've uploaded my homepage and it is technically accessible through my profile. Does anyone here know how to change which page is the thumbnail/landing without having to just delete everything in index.html and move in the code from home.html?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

- a big idiot :drat:

k4jtek
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022 @903.60 »

without having to just delete everything in index.html and move in the code from home.html?

What's the problem with this method? I mean, there may be some workarounds for this, but renaming home.html to index.html would be the easiest and the best IMHO, especially since you don't have any links to home.html on subpages.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022 @935.95 »

k4jtek is right thats a fine method!

Personally I would download the home.html, rename in index.html then reupload it (and it will overwrite the old one) but you can also just copy-paste the contents.

Im guessing you use the neocities editor because your asking this?? I would highly recommend switching to a local editor and the neocities cli if your site is starting to grow because it'll be much easier to manage ^^

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
DJoftheCoven
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Eng. Esp. Fra. 한

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022 @39.04 »

Sorry for taking so long to get back to everybody! I got evicted from my old apartment and had to move on super short notice :omg:k:
Anyway, thank you for the advice. I guess I was just worried about my links breaking, but sometimes the solution is a lot simpler than my head makes it out to be.

Thanks for your patience!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I need help with neocities

Started by Kane VirkutisBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 1251
Last post February 25, 2022 @609.50
by Melooon
Where are IPFS backups on Neocities? ANSWERED!

Started by ellievoyydBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 3
Views: 1700
Last post March 17, 2022 @162.86
by PAINTKILLER
Neocities on Polygon!

Started by MelooonBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 9
Views: 1838
Last post June 18, 2023 @827.12
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi