Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @49.51 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 52/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  What is the best Sims??

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Pick your top 3 sims!
The Sims!!   -2 (7.1%)
The Sims Online?   -1 (3.6%)
The Sims 2!   -6 (21.4%)
The Sims 2 weird hotel version (Like on DS)   -2 (7.1%)
Some other Sims 2 spinoff!   -0 (0%)
MySims   -2 (7.1%)
MySims but a spinoff like Kingdom or SkyHeros??   -0 (0%)
The Sims 3!   -12 (42.9%)
The Sims Medieval?   -0 (0%)
The Sims 4!   -2 (7.1%)
The Sims Mobile?   -0 (0%)
Some other weird version of the Sims?   -1 (3.6%)
Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: What is the best Sims??  (Read 463 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: December 21, 2023 @96.18 »

The Sims!

Its time to vote! This is necessary information and I would like you to know there are wrong choices, but voting is thankfully anonymous  :grin:

What version of The Sims do you enjoy most? What makes it stand out to you? Are there any expansion packs / mods that make that version of the game better for you? Do you play it on a PC or a console? Do you ever feel like a sim? Do you wish they would finally stop releasing Sims 4 expansions?? Sometimes I do actually talk in semi-simish to myself and that's normal and acceptable  :ha:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm vote!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
nixie
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023 @191.90 »

sims3 because i played it a lot as a child. sims4 still feels so buggy even years later
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023 @388.78 »

SIMS 3 SUPREMACY!!!!!!!

A lot of people will probably answer with Sims 2, but Sims 3 is what I grew up on. I'll always have a vendetta against Sims 4 btw. Not just because of the infamous expansion packs and prices, but because it undid the open world mechanic. That was one of my favorite aspects of the third and it really made no sense to take that away.

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023 @447.99 »

Well I grew up on Sims 2, so that's what I'm naturally answering  :grin:

To be fair though, I can see why people would say Sims 3. There are some interesting things and mechanics there that weren't in Sims 2 yet and then somehow got immediately dropped in Sims 4. Like the open world. Or color/pattern customization for EVERYTHING. Etc. I've seen simmers point out that family dynamics and some careers were more interesting in Sims 3 than in 4. So I get it. But...

I'll admit that Sims 2 might be simply nostalgic for me, however I believe there was still a certain craziness about it that got mellowed out in the future instances. Somehow I barely remember playing Sims 3, as if nothing really captivated me there, while Sims 2 was my jam for years.

And boy oh boy the hours I've spent in the Body Shop very badly creating "custom content" (my favorite anime characters' outfits) for myself by painting over others' meshes badly in MS Paint... Sure picking colors right in the game's CC was easier, but digging around in files and textures is another thing entirely!  :grin:

Oooh and the city creating tools in-game... Choosing a landscape, putting decorations all around to make sure your Sims live EXACTLY where you want them to live! Even placing stuff floating in the sky and such... Every city of mine must have had a fallen UFO or maybe multiple~

Like, the customization options of it all were simultaneously less and a lot more than 3 & 4 had. Which, ironically, is not unusual for ye older computer stuff in general.

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023 @532.03 »

Good to see everyone agrees with me that Sims 3 is the best game! The Sims 4 was such a let down, in my opinion…

I think Urbz on GBA and DS gets a shoutout as well!

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
kurohaato
Full Member ⚓︎

:D

StatusCafe: rinrinrin
iMood: kurohaato

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023 @611.54 »

The only version of The Sims 3 I've ever played was the smartphone version they made 10 years ago (not the mobile version, the smartphone version). The mini-games were fun, but there just wasn't a whole lot to do besides eat -> sleep -> work -> weekend party with The Boys. There wasn't even a build mode you just tapped a pop-up and boom you have a new house. Still nostalgic though.

01110110 01101001 01110110 01100001 00100000 01101100 01100001 00100000 01101111 01111010 01110111 01101111 01101101 01110000 00100001 00100000 00111010 01000100 :ozwomp:
aribluejeans
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/they

iMood: aribluejeans

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023 @624.11 »

I almost failed the 9th grade because I was playing so much Sims 3 and I still wouldn't call it my favorite! Nothing can compare for me to a console version story mode or a spin-off. I picked Sims 2 for DS because its so delightfully weird but I have to shoutout my other favorites, too. MySims Kingdom is incredible and if you loved that when you were younger I'd highly recommend the Dragon Quest Builders games. I also loved the story mode for Sims 2 on console, and in a similar vein I loved Bustin' Out. Honorable mentions go to The Urbz and Sims 2 Castaway.

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2023 @648.41 »

I see I am the only one who has voted for the first game so far  :cheesy: I'm not surprised, since it is pretty bare-bones compared to the others, and it's not everyone's thing. Sims3 would be my second choice, and the one I have spent the second most time on. I know Sims2 seems to be the most beloved among fans, but I unfortunately missed that boat when I was younger!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2023 @674.16 »

I'm actually surprised, I thought people here would be more into the original game too, Iv only played it on GameCube at a party I think and it was slightly disturbing (we locked a man in a room with no windows or doors and I still feel bad  :ohdear: ) - Id say Im 50/50 on playtime with 3 and 4; I actually quite like the visual style of 4, but the limits of the game are tiresome. One time me and a friend played 3 for 18 hours straight on two laptops (sorta like a who can make the best household contest).. my sims played the kids radio station the whole time, it's still burned into my mind  :evil:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023 @675.81 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
xandra
Full Member ⚓︎

i want to be with you everywhere

StatusCafe: xandra
iMood: xandra0

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Spring :^}OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2023 @924.43 »

i know i'm in the minority, but sims 3 is my least favorite sims game! the faces look so much like pudding, it was really off-putting. plus, you had to have a NASA quantum computer to run it smoothly at ultra settings. i think the "no loading screens" was awesome in theory but in practice, i never really got the benefit from it because my entire gameplay experience suffered. and i think sims 3 had the same problem with microtransactions/excessive packs, but that's kind of the nature of playing a game owned by EA at this point. (really excited about the competition life simulators coming out over the next couple of years!)

that being said, i picked sims 4 for a few reasons:

• it's super compatible and easy for a lot of folks to run on their PCs and laptops
  • i love the art style; it feels like its own visual character, like sims 2 but more updated
  • the furniture and styles feel more timeless versus previous games feeling very trendy/dated with item sets
  • i actually really like the infants life stage!
  • the AI seems 'smarter' in sims 4; a lot of previous games had quite a bit of simulation struggle that would really frustrate me
  • being able to actually go to work with sims with some careers is actually really cool

for the last point as well, i was a big fan of the sims online (which i also voted for, despite the many issues with that game). i would love doing the waitress job! that game was so heavily dependent upon other people being there and being active, it was no wonder the game declined so quickly.

edit: also, how could i forget about the sims medieval?! if you haven't tried it, you totally should. it's such a weirdly likeable sims game!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023 @925.86 by xandra » Logged
Badgermein
Casual Poster ⚓︎

:-)

iMood: Badgermein

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2023 @956.98 »

I have a lot of nostalgia for the Sims 2 on Playstation 2 specifically. At the time, I didn't have much access to a PC so I couldn't play the Sims 2 on there, which I was kinda jealous of. But the game is immensely fun on Playstation, with plenty to do. Customizing my house was my favorite part, with lots of arcade cabinets and games. Using the cheat codes to get more money was always fun too. Looking back, the game is kinda bare bones on that system, but still very fun IMO. I used to love watching Sims 2 music videos and skits on YouTube too. I'll never forget "The Secret of Peach's Castle", LOL. The Sims 2 is also very easy to get for free today, with all of its content. And of course, can't forget about the modding community. I hear that the Sims 3 is the best title in the franchise. I can't speak much to that, on account of growing up with 2, but from what I hear about 4, I'm inclined to believe it!.
keylanbelle
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: keylanbelle
iMood: keylanbelle

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2024 @740.47 »

i love sims 3 the most, BUT... i haven't played the 1st game aaaaand i've tried playing sims 2 when i was, i guess, too young to understand it, since i hated playing with dolls when i was little :D
And Sims 3&4 is the only once i played basically, so i can only compare these two. For me sims 3 is better because of the ~BIG OPEN MAP~ and very good dlcs that i miss in sims 4... I especially love :loved: sims 3 future dlc! it's my favorite and i hate that we never got dlcs that is THAT BIG in sims 4  :notgood:

Status Cafe Profile The current mood of keylanbelle at www.imood.com" border="0
xXWebMasterXx_Gina
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I wonder whats for DINNER

View Profile WWW

Tin WhistleJoined 2024!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2024 @127.80 »

Jeez this is a tough one (or uh rather three!) just because of how many in the series I've played! However, I'm voting: The Sims, The Sims 2, and Other (in no particular order).

The Sims: It's the original, a classic! Absolutely wonderful aesthetics and music. Equal parts wacky, and scary; pure chaos! It's hard to say if it's just the nostalgia speaking; but I think it's the most memorable of the series just because of how impactful the design of everything is.  :ozwomp:  BUT! we have to be honest with ourselves here; The Sims is BRUTAL. If you aren't optimizing your strategy; your sims are going to die miserably  :evil: It's easily the hardest game in the entire series but maybe that adds a little something to it?

The Sims 2: A worthy successor to the first game; a lot of quality of life improvements without loosing the charm and wackiness of it all. I have a very particular memory of playing as Sandy (one of the default townies) and sky gazing when a satellite crushed her mere seconds in. I was devastated and stopped playing for like a week XD. I also really enjoyed the expansion packs and how much they offered! You could go to college, own a restaurant build robots, own a cellphone (when that was still cool), become a vampire, etc.

Other, The Urbz: Sims in the City (DS version): There were a lot of weird Sims games for the DS and I played most of them, but The Urbz was hands down my favorite! It had a unique social system, a plot, and tons of wacky places and minigames! Like The Sims, it too has an unforgettable aesthetic and soundtrack. I really should play it again; but I'm nervous to use my old DS as it's already quite broken (The top half is only half attached  :ohdear: )
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4971
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3208
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 1625
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi